Hey guys! I'm not usually big on participating on challenges... they're just another thing at the back of my mind that I must not lose track of. But I think this challenge, hosted by Evie from Bookish and six other bloggers, makes sense for my current situation. It hope it'll motivate me!
The idea of the challenge? To read a certain number of books released in 2012 or earlier! And since there are soooo many of those, especially series I have decided I must begin after all, this plays into my reading plans.
Sign-ups are open until December 15, so hurry up if you want to participate! (I simply consider myself fashionably late :P ) Click the banner above for the exact rules and to get to the linky.
There are five levels on which you can participate. It's always possible to upgrade, but not to downgrade.
1-10 - A Firm Handshake
11-20 - A Friendly Hug
21-30 - A Sweet Kiss
31-40 - Love At First Sight
41-50 - Married With Children
I've decided to try my hand at A Sweet Kiss. It sounds manageable without being too restrictive.
Need incentives? There will be giveaways every month, as well as another EPIC one in December!
Here are some of the books I'm planning to read. I'll add more as I go along, and I'll probably copy this book into a separate page at the top of the blog.
All 5 books in the Parasol Protectorate series by Gail Carriger (I bought a box set)EDIT: I already read the first two in December 2012. That leaves Blameless, Heartless, and Timeless. Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica RothRead Divergent from January 2-5, Insurgent January 17-20. Wither, by Lauren DeStefanoRead April 26-28. Awake At Dawn, by C.C. HunterRead February 12-13.
- A Perfect Blood, by Kim Harrison
The Book Thief, by Markus ZusakRead July 30- August 11. Graceling, by Kristin CashoreRead December 1-5.
- Velveteen, by Daniel Marks
- Slumber, by Samantha Young
- something by Amanda Hocking
- Hourglass, by Myra McEntire
Falling To Ash, by Karen MahoneyRead January 9 to January 11.
- something by Libba Bray, probably The Diviners
- The Soul Thief (UK Demon Trappers #2), by Jana Oliver
- Exiled, by M.R. Merrick
- Flight, by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stephanie PerkinsRead October 20-21. Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. MaasRead January 1 to January 2.
The Pledge, by Kimberly DertingRead February 7-10. The Iron Knight& The Iron Prophesies, by Julie Kagawa Read Feb 24 - March 2. Uncommon Criminals, by Allie CarterRead September 18-20. If I Stay, by Gayle FormanRead March 5-6. Where She Went, by Gayle FormanRead March 7. The Replacement, by Brenda YovanoffRead January 15-17. Rule, by Jay CrownoverRead January 20-22. Indigo Awakening, by Dane JordanFinished January 6. Embrace, by Jessica ShirvingtonRead January 30-February 1. Florence, by Ciye ChoRead January 22-29. Ultraviolet, by R.J. AndersonRead January 26-27. Masquerade, by Melissa de la CruzRead February 18-20. Pretty in Black, by Rae HachtonFinished February 23. Opal, by Jennifer L. ArmentroutRead February 20-23. Stray, by Rachel VincentFinished on March 10. Rogue, by Rachel VincentRead March 10-13. Rapture, by Phillip W. SimpsonFinished March 20. Girl of Nightmares, by Kendare BlakeRead March 31-April 1. Impossible, by Komal KantRead April 1-3. One Grave At A Time, by Jeaniene FrostRead April 22-25. Darkfever, by Karen Marie MoningRead May 1-4 Bloodfever, by Karen Marie MoningRead May 4-5 Faefever, by Karen Marie MoningRead May 6-7 Fever, by Laruen DeStefanoRead May 8-9 Spell Bound, by Rachel HawkinsRead May 12 Blood Rights, by Kristen PainterRead May 9-12 Dreamfever, by Karen Marie MoningRead May 13-15 The Sea of Tranquility, by Katja MillayRead May 15-16 Grave Mercy, by Robin LaFeversRead May 16-19 The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle HodkinRead May 20 The Poison Diaries, by Maryrose WoodRead May 21-22 I Hunt Killers, by Barry LygaRead June 1-2 Shadow and Bone, by Leigh BardugoRead June 6-7 The Evolution of Mara Dyer, by Michelle HodkinRead June 14-17 Luminaire, by Ciye ChoRead June 14-18 Losing It, by Cora CarmackRead July 5 Looking for Alaska, by John GreenRead July 7-8 Legend, by Marie LuRead July 10-11 The Faerie Ring, by Kiki HamiltonRead July 11-13 The Torn Wing, by Kiki HamiltonRead July 14-17 The Edge of Never, by J.A. RedmerskiRead July 21-26 Easy, by Tammara WebberRead August 2 Ten Tiny Breaths, by K.A. TuckerRead August 4-5 The Book of Blood and Shadow, by Robin WassermanRead August 13-17 A Discovery of Witches, by Deborah HarknessRead August 17-22 Flesh and Blood, by Kristen PainterRead August 27-28 Carrier of the Mark, by Leigh FallonRead August 29-30 Blackbirds, by Chuck WendigRead September 6 The Name of the Wind, by Patrick RothfussRead September 7-14 Some Girls Are, by Courtney SummersRead September 15-16 Uncommon Criminals, by Ally CarterRead September 18-20 The Way of Shadows, by Brent WeeksRead September 20-22 Shadow's Edge, by Brent WeeksRead Beyond the Shadows, by Brent WeeksRead September 26-28 Ashes and Ice, by Rochelle Maya CallenRead October 1-4 Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stephanie PerkinsRead October 20-21 This Dark Endeavor, by Kenneth OppelRead October 30 - November 2 The Perks of Being a Wallflower, by Stephen ChboskyRead November 3-8 Shatter Me, by Tahereh MafiRead November 23-25 Destroy Me, by Tahereh MafiRead November 29 The Space Between, by Brenna YovanoffRead December 6-8 Poison Princess, by Kresley ColeRead December 16 The Wind Through the Keyhole, by Stephen KingRead December 20-24
July 11: 42
EDIT: As of January 4, 2014 I've read 75 books in 2013 that fit this challenge.
I have after some thinking also decided to participate in the following:
I have a lot of sequels to catch up on, so I think this one will complete itself pretty much automatically. But I don't want to limit my reading choices too much, so I'm setting my goal at
- Insurgent, by Veronica Roth (January 17-20)
- Awake At Dawn, by C.C. Hunter (February 12-13)
- The Indigo Spell, by Richelle Mead (February 15-17)
- Masquerade, by Melissa de la Cruz (February 18-20)
- Opal, by Jennifer L. Armentrout (February 20-23)
- The Iron Knight, by Julie Kagawa (February 24 - March 2)
- Where She Went, by Gayle Forman (March 7)
- Rogue, by Rachel Vincent (March 10-13)
- The Stone Demon, by Karen Mahoney (March 21-22)
- Clockwork Princess, by Cassandra Clare (March 29-31)
- Girl of Nighmares, by Kendare Blake (March 31-April 1)
- With All My Soul, by Rachel Vincent (April 15-17)
- The Eternity Cure, by Julie Kagawa (April 17-18)
- One Grave At A Time, by Jeaniene Frost (April 22-25)
- Bloodfever, by Karen Marie Moning (May 4-5)
- Faefever, by Karen Marie Moning (May 6-7)
- Fever, by Lauren DeStefano (May 8-9)
- Spell Bound, by Rachel Hawkins (May 12)
- Dreamfever, by Karen Marie Moning (May 13-15)
- Dare You To, by Katie McGarry (May 22-24)
- Shadowfever, by Karen Marie Moning (May 25-28)
- Dance of the Red Death, by Bethany Griffin (June 2-4)
- Debt Collector 4-6, by Susan Kaye Quinn (June 8)
- Sweet Peril, by Wendy Higgins (June 9-11)
- The Evolution of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkin (Read 14-17)
- Luminaire, by Ciye Cho (Read June 14-18)
- Crossing the Line (novella), by Kaite McGarry (June 17)
- Phoenix, by Elizabeth Richards (June 20-23)
- Confessions of an Almost Girlfriend, by Louise Rozett (July 1-2)
- The Torn Wing, by Kiki Hamilton (July 14-17)
- Crown of Midnight, by Sarah J. Maas (July 24-25)
- Flesh and Blood, by Kristen Painter (August 27-28)
- Uncommon Criminals, by Ally Carter (September 18-20)
- Shadow's Edge, by Brent Weeks (September 22-26)
- Beyond the Shadows, by Brent Weeks (September 26-28)
- Double-Crossed (novella), by Ally Carter (October 1)
- The Night After I Lost You (novella), by Sarah Rees Brennan (October 13)
- Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stephanie Perkins (October 20-21)
- The Moth in the Mirror (novella), by A.G. Howard (November 11)
- Crash Into You, by Katie McGarry (November 16)
- Allegiant, by Veronica Roth (Novmeber 22)
- Destroy Me (novella), by Tahereh Mafi (November 29)
- Copperhead, by Tina Connolly (December 1-6)
EDIT: I've read 43 sequels in 2013.
A Tapestry of Words, Victoria from Confessions of a Twenty Something Fiction Writer (she is also a member of the NA Alley blog), Tara from Tater's Tall Tails, and Barbara from Basia's Bookshelf. Click the button for all the rules and possibilities.
If you're not sure what New Adult is, they have quite a good description on the sign-up post that also explains that NA is not just contemporary fiction! I've decided to sign up because I have quite a lot of NA kindle books piling up I never seem to get to, and still more on my TBR list... I like how many of these books deal with university students! I'm almost 24. I like to read about those characters & experiences instead of the never-ending highschool tales of YA. (Though those are interesting to me too because I've never gone to highschool in that way because the system is different here).
There are for levels to the challenge and because as I said, I don't like committing to something that might limit my reading choices too much, I've decided to go for the Moving Out level, which means I pledge to read a minimum of 10 NA books.
- The Secret of Ella & Micha, by Jessica Sorensen
- Clash, by Nicole Williams
- Derailed, by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Easy, by Tammara WebberRead August 2. Tidal, by Emily SnowRead August 6-7.
- My Favorite Mistake, by Chelsea M. Cameron
- On Dublin Street, by Samantha Young
- The Jelly Bean Crisis, by Jolene Stockman
Taking Chances, by Molly McAdamsDNFed at 55% on April 10.
- Flight, by Alyssa Rose Ivy
Rule, by Jay CrownoverRead January 20-22. Just One Day, by Gayle FormanRead March 2-4. Where She Went, by Gayle FormanRead on March 7. Impossible, by Komal KantRead April 1-3. Darkness of Light, by Stacey Marie BrownRead April 29-May 1 (borders mature YA) Darkfever, Bloodfever, Faefever, Dreamfever, Shadowfever (could be NA or adult. Mac is 22. Reads more like adult though) Girls Love Travis Walker, by Anne PfefferRead May 13 The Sea of Tranquility, by Katja MillayRead May 15-16 Or is it YA? Debt Collector 1-3, by Susan Kaye QuinnRead June 8 Debt Collector 4-6, by Susan Kaye QuinnRead June 8 Losing It, by Cora CarmackRead July 5 The Edge of Never, by J.A. RedmerskiRead July 21-26. The Devil's Metal, by Karina HalleRead August 2-3. Ten Tiny Breaths, by K.A. TuckerRead August 4-5. The Bookstore, by Deborah MeylerRead August 24-25. Emancipating Andie, by Priscilla GlennRead on August 31. Catch, by Michelle D. ArgyleRead October 27-29. For Real, by Chelsea M. CameronRead November 18-19. Hushed by Kelley YorkRead November 29.
EDIT January 4, 2014: Challenge completed with ~20 books read.