Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Stray Souls, by Kate Griffin

"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our grabby bookish hands on.


My pick this week:


Stray Souls, by Kate Griffin


add it on goodreads
Expected Publication: September 18, 2012
Publisher: Orbit
Format: Paperback, 464 pages

'Don’t look back. It wants you to look back.’

London’s soul has gone missing. Lost? Kidnapped? Murdered? Nobody knows – but when Sharon Li unexpectedly discovers she’s a shaman, she is immediately called upon to use her newfound powers of oneness with the City to rescue it from a slow but inevitable demise.

The problem is, while everyone expects Sharon to have all the answers – from the Midnight Mayor to Sharon’s magically-challenged self-help group – she doesn’t have a clue where to start.

But with London’s soul missing and the Gate open, there are creatures loose that won’t wait for her to catch up before they go hunting.

Stray Souls is the first novel in the Magicals Anonymous series, set in the same fantastical London as the Matthew Swift novels.



I wasn't planning on doing a WoW this week, but then I sorted throug my books on goodreads and noticed this one! And it comes out in ONLY TWO WEEKS!! I had totally forgotten about it! Back when I added it, there was neither a cover nor a description. I love love love the Kate Griffin's Matthew Swift novels!! Among the most genius worldbuilding I have EVER read. I devoured the first book. Slowly - because it was so gorgeous to read and I didn't want it to end. I put sticky notes into my favorite bits - I had never done that before. So of course I am super excited that this new series is set in the same world, and the idea of London having a soul and a shaman from a magic self-help group having to retrieve it? I'm so in! I love how Griffin often writes reluctant heroes or heroines. And now I will shut up and take my babbling somewhere else ^^''

Have you read any of the Matthew Swift novels? No? You can check out the first one, A Madness of Angels, right here.
What are you guys waiting for this Wednesday?

5 comments:

  1. Magic and shamans and missing souls sounds interesting. I haven't read anything by Kate Griffin before, but I'll be adding this to my wish list.

    New follower My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read anything by Kate Griffin, but you make me want to check her out. Great pick!
    Em @ A Beautiful Madness
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not a long wait!! And sounds like a good one too!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't know this one! Thanks for sharing it.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, that sounds really good! I've never heard of Stray Souls before you posted. I'm adding it to Goodreads right now. :-)

    Thanks for visiting my WoW today!

    ReplyDelete