Sunday, December 30, 2012

Stacking the Shelves: ebooks and Harlequin love

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews for us to show off all the new books we got in the past week, no matter whether it's print or ebooks, gifted, bought, won, for review...

My apologies, I usually make this post on Saturday mornings but erm... wasn't possible this time. So now it's a Sunday post. I did get some more kindle books yesterday though, so it makes more sense anyway :)


For review from NetGalley (thank you, Harlequin!)

'Til the World Ends, by Julie Kagawa, Ann Aguirre, Karen Duvall
Indigo Awakening, by Jordan Dane

I was so happy when I got approved for these books! I'm especially curious for Julie Kagawa's adult Immortal Rules prequel. And Indigo Awakening... well, it's not a book I would have checked out because of the cover, but the description was amazing and then all those great reviews kept popping up. When I saw that it was still on NetGalley even after the release, I just couldn't resist any longer.


Ebook special deal
Indie author Rae Hachton has a special deal for her Pretty In Black series on her homepage at the moment. You can get all three books, even one that isn't officially out yet, for only 11.99$. I think they're usually around 6$ each. Click here to find out more. Deal ends tonight!


Pretty in Black, by Rae Hachton
Black Satin, by Rae Hachton
Raven in the Grave, by Rae Hachton


Free or cheap kindle ebooks


The Descent Series 1-3: Death's Hand, The Darkest Gate, Dark Union, by SM Reine
Lady of Devices, by Shelley Adina
Ten Tiny Breaths, by K.A. Tucker

I think the only one I paid for was Ten Tiny Breaths, but it was 99 cents. This might be different in your region or at the time you're viewing it though! I wanted Ten Tiny Breaths already before it came out, so this was a great opportunity. I bought the other ones pretty much on a whim, one because I want to read more steampunk and the other because it's been quite a while since I've read adult Urban Fantasy; both descriptions sounded interesting.

Since I just keep buying loads of ebooks but never get around to reading them, I'll have to make an intervention soon. I think once I've finished my current paperback I'll make myself read ebooks only. I'm behind on my NetGalley books anyway, and I have sooo many awesome sounding novels on my kindle app! I really need to get a real kindle.

What do you guys think of my haul? Have you read any of those books? And what did you get this week?

6 comments:

  1. Nice assortment of books. I know what you mean about choosing books you know you don't have time to read. I have a couple hundred on my Kindle that were impulse "buys" (though most of them were free.) My new books posts are at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also can't wait to read Julie Kagawa's story in that book! And Indigo looks good :) Happy reading.

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ugh! I want Till The Wolrd Ends! I hope you enjoy reading it!
    Here's my post this week
    http://iloveteenbooks.blogspot.com/2012/12/in-my-mailbox.html
    Greetings and Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have had Lady of Devices for AGES but still haven't read it. I'm gonna see if the SM Reine books are still on sale, that looks like a great deal!
    You got some fabulous books this week!
    Thanks so much for stopping by my blog, I'm a new follower now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha...sounds like we're all due for an intervention soon! I know I am! Great additions to your collection! I'm curious about the prequel to The Immortal Rules, too. I have that one coming up on my reading schedule. :) Happy New Year and I hope you enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  6. the Pretty In Black series has gorgeous covers!! I hope you enjoy them all!

    ReplyDelete