Friday, September 14, 2012

September is for Sequels challenge





I'm taking part in Lisa from Lisa Loves Literature's September is for Sequels challenge! This is my first reading challenge since the Soul Screamers challenge which ended in June. The challene is about tackling all those sequels on the shelves that collect dust while we pick shiny new standalones or beginnings of serieses that have just been released. I've been meaning to catch up with quite a few of those dusty reads or begun serieses over the summer, but a final burst definitely can't hurt!

What I've managed so far:
1. Read Silence, by Becca Fitzpatrick.
2. Read Succubus revealed, by Richelle Mead - thus finished her Georgina Kincaid series.
3. Read the remaining two Vampire Academy novels and well as Bloodlines and The Golden Lily, also by Richelle Mead.
4. Read The Iron Daughter, by Julie Kagawa. I wanted to finish the series but that didn't happen.
5. Read Torment and Passion, by Lauren Kate.
6. Read The Devil's Graveyard, by Anonymous. One Bourbon Kid book left.
7. Read The Well of Lost Plots, by Jasper Fforde.
8. Read A Beautiful Evil, by Kelly Keaton

Hm. That's quite a few more sequels than I actually thought o.O But there are still some left. To participate in the challenge I have to read at least 4 sequels in September. The Well of Lost Plots would fall into that time period, but I'm not counting it because that was before signing up (unless I would otherwise not make it through, haha). Anyway, with university starting again next week I won't be able to read as much as usual during the remaining two September weeks. So here's my plan:

1. Read Enshadowed, by Kelly Creagh. I'm re-reading Nevermore right now to prepare (&because I love it).
2. Read Black Heart, by Holly Black.
3. Read Demonglass, by Rachel Hawkins.
4. Read Masquerade, by Melissa de la Cruz.

All of those have been on my shelves, some longer than others. If I finish ahead of time, I'll also read some of the remaining Sandman graphic novels by Neil Gaiman.

I hope I'll complete my goal and that it'll be fun :) There's also a giveaway involved, in case any of you who would also like to participate need motivation ;) You can still sign up until the end of September 15th. Just click the link at the top of this post to enter.

No comments:

Post a Comment