Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: Snow White Sorrow, by Cameron Jace

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme created by Jill at Breaking the Spine to highlight upcoming book releases we are excited about.

My pick this week:

Snow White Sorrow, by Cameron Jace

Expected publication: October 30th, 2012
Publisher: Akmal Eldin Farouk Ali Shebl
Format: Paperback, 384 pages

Goodreads description:
What if all you knew about fairy tales was wrong?

Sixteen year old Loki Blackstar is no Prince Charming. His mother is a ghost. His only friend is a red Cadillac that talks to him through the radio. He looks like an Angel but acts like jerk. No wonder he has been banned from Heaven, which is the least of his troubles. Loki needs a job to pay for school and support himself.

Still, Loki has a rare gift: He is a Dreamhunter. One of the few in the world who can hunt and kill immortal demons in their dreams so they never wake up again.

When Loki is sent to kill a sixteen-year-old vampire girl the locals call Snow White Sorrow, he is pulled into a magical but dangerous world. The locals believe the monster to be Snow White.

The real Snow White... living in the ruins of an ancient castle in a small town. She is described as horribly beautiful, terrifyingly enchanting, and wickedly lovely.

What he finds instead is a beautiful monster girl filled with rage and hurt, who has an epic untold story to tell of things such like why the Brothers Grimm altered the fairy tale, who the Evil Queen really is, where the mirror came from, and who possessed it.

Snow White has killed every person who has dared come near the castle where she once lived with the queen. Mysteriously, she lets Loki live.



I love the cover of this one! You can click it to add the book on goodreads. 
The summary sounds kinda like Anna Dressed in Blood, only that the girl is a vampire instead of a ghost. I don't know if this is a good or a bad thing. I think the book will be quite different though; Loki doesn't sound like he has that much in common with Cas the ghost hunter. I love the idea of Loki being able to kill demons in their sleep! And I'm also curious to find out how the author works the Snow White retelling and Evil Queen into this plot.

Have you heard about this one? What are you excitedly waiting for this Wednesday? Link me to your post in the comments and I'll check it out :)

18 comments:

  1. Wow! What a great pick, this one's definitely going on my TBR :)
    Check out my WoW:

    http://reflectivebookworm.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/waiting-on-wednesday-doomed.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this one on my TBR pile because the first time I saw it, I fell in love with it! Thanks for reminding me I'm waiting on it! :)

    I"m a new GFC follower. Stop by and follow back?

    My WOW this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i haven't heard of this one but the cover is super creepy. i agree that it sounds like anna dressed in blood (a book i LOVED). thanks for sharing :)

    our WOW

    -michelle

    ReplyDelete
  4. I so judge a book by it's cover!
    This one is gorgeous!
    My WoW - WoW
    Just followed you! Would love if you drop by my blog too! :)
    Aditi
    That Readioactive Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the cover. The covers are so pretty. I like re-tellings of Fairy tales.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. This one sounds great. I might give it a try when it comes out. Great pick! Thanks for sharing!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gahh, I love this cover.. I can't wait for it to come out either!

    Here's my WoW.
    Ashley
    #BookNerd

    ReplyDelete
  8. It does sound a LOT like the summary of Anna Dressed In Blood! Interesting Pick! Thanks for visiting :)


    Krazyyme @ Young Readers

    ReplyDelete
  9. This one has been on my list for a while now. It also was a pick some weeks ago, so great! ^^

    Visit my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  10. This one sounds really good, it's definitely going on my wishlist, thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have that one and need to read it... Thanks!! New follower!Love the books... :D
    Michelle @ My WoW! :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh! This does sound like something I would like to read! Thanks so much for spotlighting it today. Please check out my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This one is new to me. I agree that cover is absolutely stunning. I'm all about dark fairytale retellings lately, so this looks right up my alley. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't heard anything about this one, and it sounds great! I've really enjoyed a lot of fairy tale retellings. I'm a new follower.
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooohhhhh this one sounds really cool! Definitely added to my tbr thanks for sharing :)

    Jaime @ Two Chicks On Books

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fascinating premise - this one is new to me! Thanks for sharing and visiting my WoW today! *hugs*

    Kayla @ Bibliophilia, Please

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'm also dying to read this one. It looks intriguing.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog and good luck with your reading ban. I'm currently on one too and it stinks.

    ~Danica Page
    Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really loving this new trend of rewritten fairy tales in YA!!! Great pick. Thanks for stopping by my WOW on YA Sisterhood.

    ReplyDelete