Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday: City of Dark Magic, by Magnus Flyte

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill from Breaking The Spine to showcase upcoming releases we can't wait for!


My pick this week is:

Expected release: November 27, 2012
Publisher: Penguin Books
Fromat: Hardcover, 464 pages

Goodreads description:
Cosmically fast-paced and wildly imaginative, this debut novel is a perfect potion of magic and suspense
Once a city of enormous wealth and culture, Prague was home to emperors, alchemists, astronomers, and, as it’s whispered, hell portals. When music student Sarah Weston lands a summer job at Prague Castle cataloging Beethoven’s manuscripts, she has no idea how dangerous her life is about to become. Prague is a threshold, Sarah is warned, and it is steeped in blood.      Soon after Sarah arrives, strange things begin to happen. She learns that her mentor, who was working at the castle, may not have committed suicide after all. Could his cryptic notes be warnings? As Sarah parses his clues about Beethoven’s “Immortal Beloved,” she manages to get arrested, to have tantric sex in a public fountain, and to discover a time-warping drug. She also catches the attention of a four-hundred-year-old dwarf, the handsome Prince Max, and a powerful U.S. senator with secrets she will do anything to hide.
     City of Dark Magic could be called a rom-com paranormal suspense novel—or it could simply be called one of the most entertaining novels of the year.



I just realized that this one is actually coming out pretty soon. I requested it on NetGalley ages ago and never expected to get accepted because... Penguin. So I was totally surprised when I got the email that I was o.O It sounds so cool! I was in Prague in July and the city is magical indeed. Can't wait to revisit it through Sarah's eyes! Also, portals to hell? Time-warping drugs? Color me intrigued!
What are you waiting for this week?

12 comments:

  1. I haven't seen this book before! It looks interesting though. I must check it out. Thanks for sharing :)

    Here is my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh what a gorgeous cover! Thanks for sharing this one - it looks amazing.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooooh congrats on getting it through Netgalley! I've heard really GREAT things about this one, I actually only added it to my reading list a few weeks ago :D Great choice Carmen, hope you love it!


    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hadn't heard of this one before but it does look interesting, congrats on getting a Netgalley of it! Thanks for sharing! ^.^ If you would like to check out my Waiting On Wednesday you can do so here. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on getting accepted!! I'm so happy for you! It sounds like an awesome book and I adore the cover! It's simple but has an awesome vibe.

    My Waiting on Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have always wanted to Prague and this cover is awesome. Congrats on the acceptance. I always get giddy when I get those eMails. :) New GFC Follower.

    My WoW

    Christine
    Rainy Day Reads

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this one before and I don't know if I would read it but I would love to read some reviews of it. I hope you enjoy reading the book when it comes out. Nice pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh "fast-paced and wildly imaginative"? Sounds like an awesome book! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, this sounds crazy fun. Is it adult or YA?

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds great! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete