This week is all about our best bookish memories, be they related to reading or to specific events.
I find this sooo hard to determine! No particular order. I'm sure I'm forgetting something obvious and important.
- One bookish memory I love is how I discovered The Hobbit when I was waiting for the pasta water to boil. My mum had borrowed it from a friend, I was bored, I started reading it. The water overboiled (no clue if this is correct English) and I read like half the book under the bed covers that night.
- Waiting for the 4th Harry Potter book, then reading the whole thing in a day.
- Meeting Becca Fitzpatrick on a city trip to Dublin. My friend and me had no idea she'd be signing!
- Reading Hush Hush with my friend in our hotel room that night! We could read and then discuss stuff immediately, it was awesome :D
- Every time I 'disappear' into a book and forget where I am and have no idea how much time has passed when I 'resurface'.
- 2013 things I loved: reading Divergent and The Replacement. Sooo good!
- Discussing books and characters with my mum & sister because we all read the same stuff.
- Finishing the draft of my novel a year ago.
- Finding out that a series I love has more books to it, only they were never translated into German and thus I wasn't previously aware they existed! Happened with Holly Black's Tithe, for example. Glad I don't read German translations anymore...
- Reading Stephen King's Dark Tower series.
Maybe I'll go back and edit this during the day. It's 2a.m. as I write this and I hurt all over because I was at a metalcore show tonight. Second row. Sooo worth it though ^^
Do you have any similar moments on your list? I'm curious what kind of book-related things you came up with :)
First edit: Duh, I forgot something really obvious >.< Starting this blog and connecting with this amazing community! It's quite a bit more stressful than I thought but really worth it :) Also, every time an author favorits, retweets, or responds to one of my tweets makes me really really happy ^^