Sunday, March 10, 2013

Know Me Better: books to movies, time wasters, games

Know me Better is a meme hosted by Kathy from I Am A Reader, Not A Writer. Every week she posts 5 questions from her author interview list that the participating bloggers then answer and link to.

This week's questions are all from a top ten list.
I probably won't do ten for each though...

Things you’d rather be doing right this moment
Time wasters
Books they should make into movies
Things you wish you knew before.... (for authors the question is before you published but fill in the blank with whatever applies to you)
Games you like to play


Things you’d rather be doing right this moment
Not sit around with pain radiating all through my shoulder and down my back >.< I made a stupid movement while stretching...
I'd like start a new book but can't make up my mind about which one yet. I could also watch a movie. I should read something for a university class...

Time wasters
I first thought this was about stuff we think is a waste of time, but judging from Kathy's answers it's about stuff that eats tons of our time. So...
Tumblr. Love it, but I can get stuck on it for hours...
Twitter, though lately not so much.
Blogging in general - I love it but it takes so much time!
Organizational stuff like cleaning, bills, laundry, grocery shopping...

Books they should make into movies
I'm not necessarily a fan of books made into movies. But if a book is made into a movie, I'm not a purist - I want to movie to differ from the book and be an interpretation of it. Doesn't mean I'm always okay with the outcome.
That being said, I wouldn't mind a movie for A.G. Howard's Splintered, Kim Harrison's Hollows series (though there a TV series would work better), or maybe Holly Black's Curseworker trilogy (the cast would have to be phenomenal though). I'd like to see Daughter of Smoke and Bone as a movie but it could never do justice to the writing, so I'm opting out of that one.

Things you wish you knew before.... (for authors the question is before you published but fill in the blank with whatever applies to you)
Um... let's go with before I started blogging. I thought I knew more or less what I could expect - I'd been following quite a few blogs and lurking around for over a year before I started this blog. I knew it was time-intensive. But I was still unprepared for just how much time it takes to make a post look good, link everything, to answer comments, to keep up-to-date with what is happening, what tours are being scheduled, what books are coming out... Another thing I wish I'd known about is how long it takes me to fiddle around with my design for what little actual difference >.< Not talented here, which is why to this date I still don't have a header or blog button. Also, having a blog makes me buy even more books than ever before, which is a double-edged sword ;) But I love it! I love that I'm finally connecting with other bloggers, that authors sometimes favorite my tweets with links to reviews of their books, that I get to read books for free before they're even out!

Games you like to play
I don't know if this means video games... if so, I don't really own any. As a kid, I wasn't allowed to have a GameBoy or PlayStation or whatever, as a teen I had no money to buy anything like that, and right now it's just not a priority and I'm not used to it. I liked the Harry Potter PC games though, and I should finally continue my Alice - Madness Returns game (but I always forget I own it).
As for other games, I like playing poker every once in a while, also Jass (a Swiss card game played 2 against 2), scrabble, uno and probably a couple others I can't remember right now. I don't play often though.

Sooo... your comments on my answers? ^^' Also link back to your own post if you're participating in the meme! I'm curious :)

2 comments:

  1. I also chose blogging for time wasters despite me loving it, but it's really time consuming.

    My KMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeek, I hope your shoulder is better!! :S

    I waste SO much time on Pinterest....Twitter too and I think that's why sometimes I go MIA for long bits. I can see Tumblr being super addictive too! And I SO agree about blogging taking that much time. I was already reading & reviewing every book I read, and following some blogs. I thought I was ready but I wasn't prepared for the small things you mentioned like making it look pretty, adding links, responding to comments...etc. But I love it too :D

    Oh and I wasn't allowed to have any kind of video gaming system when I was growing up either!! At the time I thought it was the worst because all my friends had them but now I'm kinda glad - it may have helped my reading obsession to grow haha!

    ReplyDelete