Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Falconer, by Elizabeth May

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited for.


My pick this week:

Release date: September 19, 2013
Publisher: Chronicle Books
Format: Hardcover, 288 pages

Goodreads description:
Lady Aileana Kameron can sing, paint prettily, and murder the fae as easily as dancing a waltz. But how far is she prepared to go for vengeance?Edinburgh, Scotland, 1844

18-year-old Lady Aileana Kameron, the only daughter of the Marquess of Douglas, was destined to a life carefully planned around Edinburgh’s social events – right up until a faery kills her mother.

Now it’s the 1844 winter season. Between a seeming endless number of parties, Aileana slaughters faeries in secret. Armed with modified percussion pistols and explosives, every night she sheds her aristocratic facade and goes hunting. She’s determined to track down the faery who murdered her mother, and to destroy any who prey on humans in the city’s many dark alleyways.

But she never even considered that she might become attracted to one. To the magnetic Kiaran MacKay, the faery who trained her to kill his own kind. Nor is she at all prepared for the revelation he’s going to bring. Because Midwinter is approaching, and with it an eclipse that has the ability to unlock a Fae prison and begin the Wild Hunt.

A battle looms, and Aileana is going to have to decide how much she’s willing to lose – and just how far she’ll go to avenge her mother’s murder.


Hell to the yes. Scottland, high-society, and a lady that kills faeries in revenge. I also love tales of the Wild Hunt, and well... the heroine apparently falling for the faery who's teaching her? God I hope there is banter...
What do you guys think of my pick? And what did you choose this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. I love this cover! This is going to be my WOW in a few weeks! Great pick, chick!

    My Wow

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooohhh.... I haven't heard if this and I LOVE the cover. The synopsis sounds pretty cool too. Great pick! :D

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only saw this last week for the first time, but it sounds awefully good. Nice pick! My WoW, and Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "God I hope there is banter..." Bahaha...I always hope for the same! :) Awesome pick. I haven't heard much about this one but I love faerie stories...especially those involving revenge. And falling for the one person you're not supposed to. :P Thanks for sharing. Off to add this to my TBR...

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of this one, but as The Infernal Devices are finished now I must find another Steampunk series to read. Maybe this one? We'll see. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the cover. Been itching for this one for so long now. Nice pick!

    old follower

    http://itchingforbooks.blogspot.com/2013/03/waiting-on-wednesday-40.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm totally with you Carmen. Scotland? Sign me up. I've never read a book taking place in Scotland before and I absolutely can't wait to check it out. I hope there will be banter too! :D
    Thanks for stopping by my WoW! (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a pretty cover ;) I hope you enjoy this! Great pick.

    Beth | The Reading Vixens [Formerly YA Vixens]
    The Reading Vixens!
    Vixen's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you picked out a good book for this week. Hope you enjoy it! Here is my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I just saw this one for the first time myself just yesterday but I didn't read the synopsis until now. This looks beyond EPIC :D Thanks so much for spotlighting it Carmen! I am hightailing it to Goodreads to add it to my shelf right now!

    Yay to new exciting reads ♥

    ReplyDelete