Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Teaser Tuesday: Two and Twenty Dark Tales





Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:

• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


First off, sorry for being not so active during the past week. I'm having a really busy time at university at the moment. I hope to have more time near the end of the week.

add it on goodreads








So, on to today's teaser! It's from Two and Twenty Dark Tales, an anthology coming out today that I got from NetGalley.  It features retellings of Mother Goose Rhymes from various authors. I'm only about halfway through but I'm enjoying most of the stories.

"She knew the knife in her cousin's hand was covered in her sister's blood. That was all she needed to know. She called upon the power of the clock. It wasn't difficult. The Witch hadn't told Cedric everything, and he was expecting a helpless princess." - Clockwork, by Leah Cypress


I know, more than two sentences. But they're short ;) Can you guess (from the story title) what Mother Goose Rhyme this is from? And what are you teasing us with this Tuesday?

4 comments:

  1. I am a new follower. :)
    And those teasers were good. :) Sounds interesting.
    Here is mine
    Tuesday Teaser and Intros

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great teaser! I've been wanting to pick up this anthology. But I'm drawing a blank on which nursery rhyme this is retelling. Hmmm...guess I'll have to get my own copy and see for myself. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooh I know what this is but will just use the first letters so as not to spoil it for everyone else. HDD. Awesome teaser! The real tales were so dark!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am starting this one tomorrow! Really looking forward to it. I have no idea what nursery rhyme this is from. lol

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete