Saturday, August 10, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: The Dark Endeavors of Cursed Nachtgeister

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


After having only one book to account for last week, I've got a much bigger load this time around and they all look awesome!!


For the book tour

Surface, by Tiffany Daune
Landlocked, by Tiffany Daune

I'm really excited for this series because it's about sirens, and that's something I've barely read about in YA! Plus, who could resist these covers?!


Won / bought / borrowed

Nachtgeister (Nightlife), by Rob Thurman
This Dark Endeavor, by Kenneth Oppel
The Beautiful and the Cursed, by Page Morgan
The 5th Wave, by Rick Yancey
The Name of the Wind, by Patrick Rothfuss
The Wise Man's Fear, by Patrick Rothfuss

I won The 5th Wave in a giveaway by Jasprit from The Reader's Den - thanks again! I've read nothing but great reviews so I'm curious about how I'll like it.
I borrowed the Patrick Rothfuss books from one of my BFFs and she loved book 1 so much that she ordered the second one before she even finished reading. I'll have to read those soon because she's itching to discuss them ;)
I've wanted This Dark Endeavor for a while because I love the idea of a Frankenstein prequel!! And The Beautiful and the Cursed was one of my most anticipated debuts of the year! I've already read  and loved it :) Now I'm pining for book 2 *sigh*
I bought Nachgeister (literally it would translate to 'ghosts of the night' - one of the rare occasions where I prefer the German title to the original one) on a whim today. A book/DVD/CD store in a town near me is closing down so now everything's 40-50% off. I remember spotting this in another store and loving the description but I wanted to buy it in English. Stupid me forgot the original title and author though so that never happened... I love the German cover and I hope I'll enjoy the book despite my usual dislike of translations.


Finally, a free (last weekend) eNovella

Shadow, by Amanda Sun

I really liked her novel Ink, and getting a glimpse at the main characters' life before should be interesting :)

So, that's it. I also got a couple awesome CDs and DVDs this week but those have no place here ;) What do you think of my haul, and what spoils did you carry home this week?

13 comments:

  1. I also got The Beautiful and The Cursed this week. I'm looking forward to reading it. Happy Reading :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful collection of titles. Everything is awesome and wonderful. I loved The Beautiful and The Cursed. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    http://gracebooksoflove.com
    Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got The 5th Wave as soon as it came out and haven't read it yet. Stuff keeps getting in the way but the reviews have been so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of too many of the books you got, but I DEFINITELY have seen The Fifth Wave everywhere! I haven't read it but it's in my infinite TBR pile. I've also seen a bit of The Beautiful and the Cursed- the cover is gorgeous. Enjoy your books and happy reading!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been seeing "The 5th Wave" all over the library recently. I didn't pick it up but maybe in the future. Happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul. Hope you enjoy your new additions.

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-50.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many great books! I have This Dark Endeavor and The Beautiful and the Cursed but I still need to read them. I hope you enjoy all your new goodies! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I have This Dark Endeavor on my shelf. I need to read it soon! Enjoy your haul!

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great list! This Dark Endeavor & The Beautiful and The Cursed look good! I hope you enjoy these! I'm following you now and I need more followers! I'm a new blogger, please check out my list!

    Kathy
    http://mynookbooksnmore.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-1.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. The 5th Wave!!! I LOVED that book!
    And the cover of Shadow is just wow.

    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loved The 5th Wave, The Beautiful and the Cursed, and This Dark Endeavor! What an awesome haul! Can't wait to see what you think of all these books!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh, I like the water-y covers you have at the top there - prrretty. *pets monitor* YAY for The Beautiful and the Cursed and I'm happy you enjoyed it and I'm dying to read your thoughts on The Fifth Wave, I've heard tons of great things :D Hope you enjoy Shadow as much as you did Ink too! Happy reading ♥

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! Most of these look really interesting. Hope you enjoy them all! Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete