Saturday, August 3, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: cloaking myself in obscurity

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


First off, I need to apologize once more for the lack of posts. August 1 is my country's national day and somehow, between Tuesday night and Friday night, I never turned on the computer. I just couldn't bring myself to. So last night I had a ton of email and after answering and deleting and reading and whatnot, I just had no more time and motivation to post anything. I'll try to be better next week! I also hope that next week brings lower temperatures because in this heat, I just don't feel like doing anything apart from lying on my bed and reading and occasionally dozing off...

Anyway, my haul this week is really small. Exactly one book. But hey, after my big London haul last week I should try to be slower with the buying and quicker with the reading anyway. Because what use are lots of awesome books if you never get around to reading them?!




Mourning Cloak, by Rabia Gale

I really loved Rabia's novella Rainbird, which was the first review request I ever got (read my thoughts here). I read an excerpt of Mourning Cloak a couple months ago and somehow I just felt like the time was right to actually get the book. Such a pretty cover, too!

Anyway, that's it from me. What new books did you get in the last week?

11 comments:

  1. Great haul! This is actually the first that I've heard of this. I hope you enjoy. :b

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one has a gorgeous cover, may have to give it a check out! Enjoy it!

    My Haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've not heard of this, but it looks good ! Hope you enjoy it :)

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard of this one but happy reading!

    Tsuki’s STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of this one before, but I like the cover. Come visit me here

    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never heard of this before, but it looks really good! I'll have to check out Rainbird, too.

    My STS: http://spunwithwords.blogspot.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hadn't heard of Mourning Cloak but it sounds really good and I love the cover. I hope you enjoy it! :-)

    ~Marie @ Ramblings of a Daydreamer
    My Book Haul

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yea, me too. But this sounds great and it'll help you catch up :)

    Happy reading!

    follower

    http://www.itchingforbooks.com/2013/08/stacking-shelves-49.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't heard of that, but I hope you like it. I love the cover. Happy reading.

    My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, This looks really good. Hope you like it. Happy Reading!
    Here are my newest additions.

    ReplyDelete