Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Authors I've only read one book from but need to read more

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week they post a new topic that the participants come up with a top ten list for.


This week's topic are authors that we've only read one book of so far, but loved so much that we NEED to read more by them! My top ten are in no particular order.


Erin Morgenstern - The Night Circus
I don't think she's written (or at least published) anything since, but I'd sure love to read it!

Kimberly Derting - The Pledge
I've got The Essence on my shelf but haven't picked it up yet. I think I'll re-read The Pledge first. I really loved the world building and I'd rather avoid this period of confusion at the beginning of the second book when you don't really remember the 'rules' of the world.

Libba Bray - A Great and Terrible Beauty
I really need to read the sequels, as well as The Diviners. Beautiful writing, and I like her feminist stance.


Robin Wasserman - The Book of Blood and Shadow
This was so suspenseful and at times creepy. I really want to read The Waking Dark. It sounds just as ruthless and horror-ish.

Maggie Stiefvater - Lament
I'm reluctant to read the sequel, Ballad, because it switches the point of view. But I really want to pick up The Raven Boys!

Chuck Wendig - Blackbirds
I need the sequels of the series. Really great horror!


Victoria Schwab - The Archived
Such an amazing story!  I want Unbound as soon as the paperback is out. And Vicious. I want villainous narrators.

Jackie Morse Kessler - Hunger
I need to get the rest of the series about the Four Horsemen. I love the concept of this, and how each book picks up on an important social issue.

Andrew Davidson - The Gargoyle
I'd definitely read another one of his books written in the same vein, but everything else I see on his goodreads seems to be more children's literature. The Gargoyle though... it was perfect. It made me cry. A lot.


Rosamund Hodge - Cruel Beauty
I loved pretty much everything about this one. Can't wait to read more when they come out!

This was actually more difficult to compile that I thought it'd be, because there aren't that many authors I've only read one book of. Or if I've only read one, there is often a reason for that. Do you spot any favorites on my list? Anyone I need to move up on my TBR pile? And who did you pick?

16 comments:

  1. Oh Ballad is even better then Lament! Trust me: James' POV is gold. ;) I'm pretty sure you won't regret it. Raven Boys is also fabulous and The Scorpio Races too! Basically: Maggie Stiefvater is awesome. Hehe. I'm a fan. ;-) Here's my TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's ridiculous how many amazing authors only have one book out! I'll have to check out Andrew Davidson and Jackie Morse Kessler. Great list! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE The Gargoyle! In fact Andrew Davidson almost made my list, too. :) I haven't read any Victoria Schwab, Libba Bray or Maggie Stiefvater yet, but I'd really like to!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't wait until Erin Morgenstern publishes another book--will definitely snatch that one up right away! xD (I can't remember if there's been any news that she's writing something/almost done with something though...might be mixing up my authors here)

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd definitely read anything Erin Morgenstern publishes in the future, too! I LOVED The Night Circus!
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I fell in love with Kimberly Derting after reading The Taking, even though I'd had The Body Finder sitting on my TBR shelf to read for a year!! And you have to read on with the Jackie Morse Kessler series, they're so good! And you need to read more Maggie Stiefvater, I love her so much! Thanks for stopping by my post earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read any of these books but am super excited for Schwab, Morgenstern, Bray and Stiefvater. I have heard so many great things so I have to get on those books as soon as I can :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read The Night Circus, The Archived AND Cruel Beauty. Even though I own copies of all of those. D'oh! >.< And I need to read ALL the Libba Bray books, I only own The Diviners but I still want to read all her books eventually. I hope you get to read more books by all these authors soon hun ^^

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have only read one of Stiefvater's books too, and it was Shiver. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read something else by Rosamund Hodge, too! I really liked Cruel Beauty. I suggest reading The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater; she's terrific, and that series is one of her best ones. I still need to read something by Kimberly Derting and Erin Morgenstern. I do have The Night Circus on audio so that should be read soon! Thanks for stopping by my Top Ten!

    Amber R. @ Bibliophilia, Please

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have only read The Pledge from Kimberly Derting?? Oh my gods, you NEED to read her first series The Body Finder! It is one of my absolute favorites! The rest of The Pledge series was great as well!

    Hey! I actually have The Book of Blood and Shadow! I didn't recognize it 'cause that's a different cover, lol. Glad to hear it was suspenseful and creepy 'cause I love creepy! Maybe I should read that one soon, eh? ;)

    And Blackbirds sounds very interesting! I love horror!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I really need to start a Cruel Beauty, everyone seemed to really enjoy it! Maggie Stiefvater is one of my absolute favorite authors, Scorpio Races is another winner!

    Our TTT

    Ashley @ The Quiet Concert

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for reminding me that I still need to read The Night Circus. Cruel Beauty too. :) Great list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I have actually read a few of these! Definitely finish Kimberly Dertings series. It just gets better with each book. I have really got to read The Book of Blood and Shadow. I have heard some really great things. Oh, and Ballad is really good. I was hesitant, but it actually was just as good as Lament. I have heard she is writing another book in this series. Thanks for your awesome TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I totally forgot about A Great and Terrible Beauty! I read that one so long ago and haven't gotten around to finishing the series yet! Thanks for stopping by the blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete