Saturday, October 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: devils and stormdancers are wicked within and lie with every breath

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


I didn't do an StS last week because there wasn't much new to show off, so this is my haul of the past 2 weeks.

For review from NetGalley
 Every Breath, by Ellie Marney

I finished this one this morning and it's one of my favorite contemporaries of the year! I loved it so much, I had to order myself a pretty hardcover immediately. Review to come next week.


Bought in print
Heaven's Net is Wide, by Lian Hearn
Last Blood, by Kristen Painter
The Wicked Within, by Kelly Keaton

I read Lian Hearn's other books in this series as a teen, but this one was (I think) never published in German and thus never made it on my shelf. It's a prequel to the rest of the series and I'm looking forward to immersing myself in that world again!
The Wicked Within is another one I'm really looking forward to, especially because it almost didn't happen (the publisher had only bought the first two books and for a while it looked like we'd never get to see the story end).


Bought as ebooks



Die For Me, by Amy Plum
Lie For Me: Griff's Story, by Romily Bernard
Stormdancer, by jay Kristoff
Broken Symmetry, by Dan Rix
The Devil's Reprise, by Karina Halle
Red at Night, by Katie McGarry
Yeah, I went a bit crazy with the one-click option. But I've wanted to read Die For Me and Stormdancer for years, and both were finally on sale even from my location, so I had to have them. Broken Symmetry entranced me with that cover as well as the description: it's a sci-fi thriller about a girl who can step through mirrors into a parallel world, and it was free when I got it. I'm also really looking forward to the Katie McGarry novella! I haven't read anything by her in about a year.

As for what else is going on this week: I posted my review of The Fall by Bethany Griffin yesterday, and my giveaway for the Spooktacular Hop is still running, in case you haven't entered yet :)

What do you think of my haul? Have you read any of them? And what did you get in the past week? Link me up! :)

6 comments:

  1. Nice haul! Most of these are new to me. Hope you like Red At Night. I really enjoyed it.

    My StS @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome haul of books. These look so good. Enjoy them.

    Grace @ Books of Love

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic haul Carmen! I got approved for Every Breath this week too and I AM SO EXCITED!! Thrilled you loved it too - so far I've heard NOTHING but amazing things about it :D I still need to read my copies of Stormdancer and Die for Me though but seeing them here might just motivate me to get going so we can compare notes hehe. Happy reading doll ^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked Die For Me. And I won a copy of Broken Symmetry a while back, I need to get it out and get it read!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH yeah, and thanks for stopping by my post earlier!

      Delete
  5. I still haven't read The Wicked Within though I've had it since last year, and considering it was one of my favourite series at the time, I have no clue why I haven't read it yet. Probably because I do hate series enders. :( Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete