Saturday, June 8, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: Sweet Shadows and Wicked Bones

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)

This week I didn't get too many books, which is good because I have a huge stack to tackle already! I've already read 2 of those 4 books and they were fantastic :D

Bought in print:

Shadow and Bone, by Leigh Bardugo

This was a spontaneous buy at my favorite English-only bookstore in Zurich. It's a new UK paperback version with the original cover&title and with Siege & Storm coming out now and everyone raving about the series again I just couldn't resist. I'd planned to only read a couple pages to check it out but yeah... 30 hours later and the thing's gone ;) Fantastic! Now begins the miserable wait for the matching paperback edition of book 2...

eBooks:

A Dawn Most Wicked, by Susan Dennard
Sweet Thing, by Renee Carlino
Of Silver and Beasts, by Trisha Wolfe

I had the A Dawn Most Wicked novella on preorder but had forgotten all about it, so when it downloaded to my kindle that was a great surprise! I've already read it and it's awesome! My review should be up soon :)
I got Sweet Thing spontaneously because it was on sale for 0.99$. East Village, old café, and musician, and eccentric friends sounded great to me :) I feel like going to New York but since it's not going to happen for another year I'll just live vicariously :P
Of Silver and Beasts is a late add I just bought 5mins ago because it's also on sale! It was on my wishlist after I read an excerpt...

What do you guys think of my new additions to the pile? Have you read any of them? And new pretties made it onto your shelves this week?
Also, I've got two giveaways going on at the moment, one for a book of your choice up to 10$ and another for a copy of Snow White Sorrow by Cameron Jace. Links in the sidebar :)

13 comments:

  1. I just recently got Shadow and Bone as well and loved it! Really want to read Of Silver and Beasts. Happy Reading!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read Shadow and Bone so bad! Great haul:)

    My StS:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/stacking-shelves-3-netgalley-book-haul.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a copy of Of Silver and Beasts and I would love to check out Shadow and Bone :) Great haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I still need to get to Shadow and Bone! Enjoy :)

    Sugar & Snark's STS

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope u enjoy Shadow and Bone! I did! :D

    My StS

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, Shadow and bone is great. I'm also waiting to get a copy from Siege and Storm soon. Happy reading! :D

     Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. We're in sync today it seems :) Besides Shadow and Bone and Of Silver and Beast I'm dying to read Something Strange and Deadly. I've heard nothing but great things about it. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wooooo! Of Silver and Beasts is awesome! I loved that one! And I bought Sweet Thing a few backs back- it looks adorable. I see a lot of people getting Shadow and Bone this week. I need to jump on the bandwagon! Enjoy them all! :D

    My STS

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think...I think (this sounds scary to admit for wtv reason lol) that Shadow and Bone is my most coveted book that I can't believe I haven't read yet. Seeing that you gobbled it up, I'm finding my lack of this book even more disturbing >.< I love the cover of A Dawn Most Wicked and I've heard good things about those books!! I hope you enjoy all of this impressive haul :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh, so that's what you meant by right edition! And aww, the year long wait has got to suck. ):
    By the way, Of Silver and Beasts has the same girl on the cover as the US paperback edition of Shadowfever. :P
    Enjoy all your books and thanks for stopping by my STS Carmen! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shadow and Bone is on my wishlist! I cannot wait to read A Dawn Most Wicked! Enjoy and have a lovely week! The Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  12. Really nice haul. Thanks for stopping by mine :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I used to have to have matching editions. But I'm too impatient for the actual story these days. :) And the Grisha Trilogy would be the hardest to wait for, I think. So. Good. :)

    ReplyDelete