Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: books at the top of my summer TBR list

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week the participants post their top ten to a specific topic.

Hey guys! I'm back from my forced blogging break (read about it in yesterday's post if you want) and trying to make up my mind about a summer TBR. I never really plan what to read when apart from review books, but I have a lot of unread-but-owned books right now and here are some that I want to read over the summer, in no particular order.

Glenraven_27's summer tbr album on Photobucket

Phoenix, by Elizabeth Richards
Okay, it technically hasn't arrived yet, but it's on its way and I neeeeed it so I will read it the minute it gets here!

The Secret of Ella and Micha, by Jessica Sorensen
I've owned it for months and finally want to read it! I'm way behind on my NA challenge and I remember all the good reviews of this one. Also, summer makes me feel more like reading contemporaries.

Legend, by Marie Lu
Owned it for a few weeks and its really short, so if I ever to to the beach/lake/whatever, it'll come with me :)

Looking for Alaska, by John Green
I gave this to my sister for Christmas, who has now borrowed it back to me... months ago. I finally need to sit down and read a John Green book but I know it'll make me cry so I kinda have to be in the right mood for it.

Sins & Needles, by Karina Halle
I'm itching to read this! It sits on my kindle among a lot of other awesome NA books. Tattoo artist. Con artist. Yes please.

The Edge of Never, by J.R. Redmerski
Are you starting to see a pattern? Also, road trip.

Lola and the Boy Next Door, by Stefanie Perkins
I really liked Anna and the French Kiss and I'm so glad the matching paperback of Lola will be out soon-ish! It sounds like a great summer read :)

Exiled, by M.R. Merrick
Because it's been on my kindle for around a year and it sounds awesome and now there are already like 3 more books in the series and I'm way behind...

Flesh and Blood, by Kristen Painter
I devoured book one and I have book 2 on my unread pile. And I need some vampires every once in a while, especially if the worldbuilding makes the story refreshing in the way that book 1 did!

A Discovery of Witches, by Deborah Harkness
My friend is a huge fan and gave me her much-read and abused copy. She's been wanting to discuss it with me for nearly a year, so I must get round to it this summer ^^

What do you think of my list, and what are you planning to read this summer? Does the season influence your genre-reading-patterns?

15 comments:

  1. Great top ten! Looking for Alaska is amazing! I just read Legend, it was not as good as I expected, but still a nice read:)

    My TTT:
    http://evelinesbooks.blogspot.nl/2013/06/top-ten-tuesday-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW, you have a lot of books I want to read, too, on your list today, Carmen. It's always difficult to only choose ten :)

    Here's my TTT post for this week.

    Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I looooooooved Lola and the Boy Next Door-just finished it. The new Discovery of Witches cover is pretty awesome, and its a perfect summer read. Entertaining and somewhat crazy.

    Check out our TTT !http://yafictionandwhiskeysours.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Legend is on my list too! :D Excellent choices, I keep kicking myself that I haven't read Legend yet since the second one is already out D:

    Here is my TTT list

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to read The Secret of Ella and Micha too!
    I'm curious of what you'll think about Legend.
    Great list Carmen and good luck with getting rid of all the spyware!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  6. I read Legend and Lola and both of them are good! Lola especially, but I have a sincere love affair with Stephanie Perkins. :P

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whew! I have a lot of those same books on my mental TBR! I loved Secret of Ella and Micha, and if I remember I liked Legend. I'm really looking forward to getting to Lola and Edge of Never!

    My TTT

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really liked Lola and the Boy Next Door and Looking for Alaska, I hope you do too! :)

    My (first!) TTT :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Edge of Never and Lola are SO GOOD! Oh my gosh, I'm excited for you to read them! Great picks :)

    Here's my Top Ten!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Excellent selections (as usual) A Discovery of Witches & Legend are definitely on my Summer TBR but I do need to get a hold of Legend first >.< Exiled and the rest of that series are on my reading list too & so is Black City! Hope you get to read ALL of these this Summer lady :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lola is great! I really need to reread that. Have read Anna a lot of times, but Lola hasn't gotten the love. Hmm...

    My TTT List

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still need to read The Edge of Never, too. It's sitting unread on my Nook. :/ Sins & Needles looks good, too! Happy reading.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love A Discovery of Witches, and Lola is just so much fun! Nice list -- I'd like to check out Ella & Micha!

    Lisa
    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOLA is one of my favorites!!! So cute. I just adore Cricket. These are all great picks....lots that I still need to read, too. :)

    ReplyDelete