Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Angelbound, by Christina Bauer

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


Hey guys :) It's been ages since I've done a Teaser Tuesday, so I thought I'd mix things up a bit. That, and I just didn't feel like deciding what's on my winter TBR, and it would probably be mostly books I've featured before.


Anyway, here's some info on the book I'm teasing you with today:

Release date: December 17, 2013
Publisher: Ink Monster LLC
Format: ebook, 532 pages

Goodreads description:
Eighteen year old Myla Lewis is a girl who loves two things: kicking ass and kicking ass. She’s not your every day quasi-demon, half-demon and half-human, girl. For the past five years, Myla has lived for the days she gets to fight in Purgatory’s arena. When souls want a trial by combat for their right to enter heaven or hell, they go up against her, and she hasn’t lost a battle yet.

But as she starts her senior year at Purgatory High, the arena fights aren’t enough to keep her spirits up anymore. When the demons start to act weird, even for demons, and the King of the Demons, Armageddon, shows up at Myla’s school, she knows that things are changing and it’s not looking good for the quasi-demons. Myla starts to question everything, and doesn’t like the answers she finds. What happened seventeen years ago that turned the quasi-demons into slave labor? Why was her mom always so sad? And why won’t anyone tell her who her father is? Things heat up when Myla meets Lincoln, the High Prince of the Thrax, a super sexy half-human and half-angel demon hunter. But what’s a quasi-demon girl to do when she falls for a demon hunter? It’s a good thing that Myla’s not afraid of breaking a few rules. With a love worth fighting for, Myla’s going to shake up Purgatory.


The following scene takes place in the arena, just before Myla has to fight an evil soul.

Walker gives my shoulder a squeeze. "Myla was just about to greet her ghoul overlord properly, weren't you, Myla?" Standing next to Sharkie, even Walker looks vertically challenged.
"My bad." I bow extra-low. "Greetings, SKE-12."
His buggy black eyes narrow into slits. Sharkie always knows when I'm making fun of him, and it drives him crazy. "I'll have no mischief from you today."
I bow again, even lower this time. "Yes, I'm fresh out."
Sharkie turns to Walker, his black eyes flaring bright red. "Control her." His gaze swings back to me. "We've an especially evil human soul fighting today. I hope to watch you die at last."
-location 155 of 6902 of my eARC

I'm really enjoying the book so far! There's action, a kickass snarky protagonist, it's fun, and it's got fantastic world building :)
What do you guys think of my teaser, and what book did you pick today?

2 comments:

  1. Interesting tease. Fresh out of mischief? Doesn't sound like she's going to be controlled easily.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT

    Marilyn @ Marilyn's Mystery Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. This DOES sound awesome! I love this from the synopsis: "Myla Lewis is a girl who loves two things: kicking ass and kicking ass." I kind of like that cover, too, with the coliseum and the tail. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete