This week's topic is: Top Ten Characters I would Crush on... if I were also a fictional character
So... I guess this is kinda a book boyfriend post? Though I think the idea of 'if I were also a fictional character' sort of changes things around a bit. It means we know less about them than we do as readers? Not sure... anyhow, here are ten of my favorite unfortunaltely-not-real boys.
- Varen Nethers, from Kelly Creagh's Nevermore
Yup, I've put him in this kind of post before. He'd creep me out but I'd also feel very, very attracted to him. I just love dark and artsy and literate and damaged mysterious guys >.<
- Will Herondale, from Cassandra Clare's Infernal Devices
I finished Clockwork Princess on Sunday and I just fell for him all over again. I have never read a character quite like him. He's inifinitely dedicated to those he loves and he has a wicked sense of humor.
- Seth, from Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series
He's a long-term book boyfriend. I really liked him from the beginning and the way he treated Ash in a very respectful, open and honest way. He stays true to himself through it all and manages to acquire his own kind of power, and he always listens to all sides.
- Cas Lowood, from Kendare Blake's Anna Dressed in Blood
I just finished Girl of Nightmares and I'm crushing on Cas (or Theseus Cassio) again! Snarky. Self-deprecating somehow, but also very confident. Simultaneously sharp and insightful and blind in some respects. Determined. I don't know, I just realized I really missed his voice while reading.
- Adam, from Gayle Forman's If I Stay
Guitar-playing song-writing genius. He was also willing to do anything, go to any lengths for his girl. I liked that! From the way their sound was described, I'd also love his band.
- Stephen, from Cat Winters' In the Shadow of Blackbirds
This one releases today and I just felt with Mary Shelley and Stephen so much! He's a great person and what happened to him is awful. Can't really say more than that, just go read the book!
- Ash, from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series
Well... he's an ice prince of fairie with wicked sword skills. He's also loyal and sarcastic.
Are you guys starting to see a pattern?
- Kaidan, from Wendy Higgins' Sweet Evil
He's a case of 'I'd crush on him but I'd eventually not really pursue him'. I'd watch from afar. Because even though I'd be attracted to him like mad, self-preservation would kick in. Or so I'd hope :P
- Kisten, from Kim Harrison's The Hollows series
Yeah, I still mourn Kisten... I haven't read him in a while but I really really liked him. Much of it comes from the way vampires are constituted in that series.
- It's actually hard to pick these guys because once you think about it, if you just met them like that you might well not like them that much, or ultimately stay away. Because if you're not reading them, you don't see into their heads. Hm. Anyhow, here are a few more: Morpheus from A.G. Howard's Splintered, Cassel from Holly Black's Curseworkers, Alex from A.L. Weatherly's Angel series, Bones from Jeaniene Frost's Night Huntress series, Adrian from Richelle Meads' Bloodlines, Ash from Black City by Elizabeth Richards.
Anyhow, show me some of your crushes!