Saturday, January 18, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: Sweet Sorrow Burns Bright in Bloody Memories

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)

This week I was a good girl, which means I didn't buy many books, and no printed ones.

For review

Blood Orange Soda, by James Michael Larranaga
Such Sweet Sorrow, by Jenny Trout

Blood Orange Soda was a spontaneous decision, it was highlighted in the NetGalley newsletter and I like the idea of government-controlled preteen vampires - sounds like an interesting world. The book also deals with bullying.
Such Sweet Sorrow I remembered from a blitz or something and I love that cover! Also, I can't resist a Shakespeare mesh-up between a Romeo travelling to the underworld to restore Juliet and Hamlet wanting to avenge his father. There's also valkyries and a Leviathan. Yay?

Amazon freebies


Burn Bright, by Marianne de Pierres
Angel Arias, by Marianne de Pierres
Shine Light, by Marianne de Pierres
The Memory Game, by Sharon Sant


I've wanted the Night Creatures series for ages, but they were never available with these covers! And they were all free - I don't know if they still are though, so hurry up if you want them!
The Memory Game is a book I recently read some great reviews for! It's about a guy who dies in a car accident and comes back as a ghost, but the only one who can see him is a girl he used to bully.


That's it from my side! What do you think? Have you had the chance to read any of these already, if so, what did you think? Also, please link me up to your own haul :)

13 comments:

  1. These are all new to me! Love Amazon freebies and those covers look awesome. Very curious to see what those are about. I'll have to check them out. Enjoy!

    My Stack

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't heard of these ones either, but the covers are all amazing! Happy reading!

    Kristen @OCA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such sweet sorrow has me really curious :) I hope you enjoy it. Great haul and thanks for stopping by My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the title for your STS haul. Such Sweet Sorrow has a wonderful cover. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nope, they're not still free. :( I have the paperbacks that she released on Amazon, but they're not as pretty as the original Aussie covers. :( Also, if I had them on my Kindle, I might actually finish the series...I've only read Burn Bright so far. Awesome haul...happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice haul, Carmen! I just got accepted for Such Sweet Sorrow today - so it'll be on my list next week :) I hope you enjoy all your new books!

    Have a great rest of the weekend.

    Lexxie @ (un)Conventional Bookviews

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't heard of these before but I hope you like them all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, Such Sweet Sorrow sounds so good. I look forward to your thoughts on it. Enjoy them and thanks for stopping by Bitches n Prose.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't resist the free books. Great choices.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I nearly requested Blood Orange Soda. But I couldn't find any reviews on it and...eh, I didn't know what to think! Maybe I will ask for it. Decisions, decisions! XD My StS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice assortment of books. I hope you enjoy them all. I passed up Blood Orange Soda because my review stack is already too tall. I hope you enjoy it. Come see what I got this week at Inside of a Dog and Ms. Martin Teaches Media. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I was looking at The Memory Game not so long ago, it does sound pretty good. Hope you enjoy it, when you get around to reading it. :)

    Here's mine

    Kirsty @ StudioReads

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great haul! Lots of great looking books. I hope you enjoy all of your books :) My STS :)

    ReplyDelete