Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Where Silence Gathers, by Kelsey Sutton

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited about.


I just realized that I haven't done a WoW post in a month! How did that happen?! o.O


This week's pick:
Release date: July 8, 2014
Publisher: Flux
Format: Paperback, 360 pages

Goodreads description:
In this companion novel to the critically acclaimed Some Quiet Place, Alex must choose between Revenge and Forgiveness.

Seventeen-year-old Alexandra Tate sits outside Nate Foster's house, clutching a gun. After serving ten years for the drunk driving accident that killed Alex's family, Nate has been released from prison. Every night, Alex waits out of sight, building up the courage to exact her own justice. There's just one problem: Forgiveness.

Alex has been able to see personified Emotions for as long as she can remember, and Revenge is her best friend. But when Forgiveness suddenly appears, he offers Alex a choice—getting even or moving on. It's impossible to decide when Revenge whispers in one ear . . . and Forgiveness whispers in the other. 


I really loved Some Quiet Place, though unfortunately I didn't get around to writing a review (yet). The portrayal of the personified emotion Fear really appealed to me, so I can't wait to meet Revenge! I'm also curious about Alex and the whole backstory in general. And just look at this pretty cover! It's a great match for the first book, too.
Have you read Some Quiet Place? Are you interested in the sequel? I think you could also read this one without having read the first book, since the characters are different. I'm still hoping for a Fear cameo ;)

7 comments:

  1. Damn it all to hell, I still haven't come around to buying OR reading Some Quiet Place, although I was basically frantic after the first time I saw it in a WoW. I love thos personified emotions idea, and I really neet to read book one before the sequel gets out. Good to know I have a few more months!
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, yes, yes! I've already requested a copy because gawd I can't wait! I really hope Fear makes an appearance! Also, these are some spectacularly gorgeous covers, aren't they? Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Personified emotions within a story sounds amazing! I'm really intrigued! Thanks for sharing :)

    Katelynn
    www.literarychameleon.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, another prom/wedding dress cover... Not sure how I feel about it, BUT I just LOVE the blurb. It sounds soooo interesting/unique. I might have to check this out after all :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read "Some Quiet Place" for a while now, but there's always a waiting list at the library. Drat. One of these days! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you can get it soon! I'm a bit surprised there's such a big list, I didn't have the impression it was such a well-known book o.O But hey. At least your libary carries it ;)

      Delete
  6. Unfortunately, I didn't have quite as much luck with Some Quiet Place as you did, BUT I enjoyed it enough to have my curiosity peaked every single time you mention or feature this one! :D Like you, I'm truly curious about Revenge and the new MC - I wonder if there will be any connection to Elizabeth?! The fact that it's to be a 'companion novel' instead of an outright sequel really makes me wonder about the possibilities LOL Wonderful pick Carmen ^^ I hope you get your hands on this one asap :D

    ReplyDelete