Saturday, January 11, 2014

Stacking the Shelves: Unhinged Goblins Hitchhiking in the Dark

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


Hey guys :) Once more I've left out a week of my haul, so this one's a bit bigger. Also, I'm in Belgium at the moment so I will be a bit slow responding to comments. I'll get back to everyone on Monday though! Returning all the comments is part of my blogger resolutions for 2014.


For review from Netgalley

Goblins, by Melanie Tushmore


For review / gifted

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by Douglas Adams
Gretel and the Dark, by Eliza Granville

This is my FIRST EVER ARC that I got in print and wasn't from a giveaway! Thank you soooo much, Penguin UK!! :D
The Hitchhiker's guide was a late Christmas present from a new friend :)


Bought in print

The Essence, by Kimberly Derting
Unhinged, by A.G. Howard
Totenbraut, by Nina Blazon

I've wanted The Essence and Unhinged for about a year now, so I can't wait to get reading! :D Totenbraut was a spontaneous buy, there's this store that is closing so there's a huge sale going on and even though it's a big ass hardcover it was pretty cheap. Plus, I read something by Blazon about ten years ago and remember really liking it. I'ts a historical set in 18th century Serbia and there's vampires. Goodreads doesn't show me an English edition unfortunately but it's available in French and Italian.


Bought as ebooks

The Pirate's Wish, by Cassandra Rose Clarke
When We Collide, by A.L. Jackson

After reading The Assassin's Curse, I had to have the next book immediately! I've already read and enjoyed it :) Kind of sad that the story is over now :(
When We Collide is one I had on my wishlist for a while, and this week it was on sale for 99 cents! Mine has a different cover than the one above though, which unfortunately wasn't on GR.


That's it! What do you guys think? Have you read any of them? And what's new on your shelves?

9 comments:

  1. Very nice haul, Carmen :) I got Unhinged too. I hope I'll manage to read it very soon.

    Enjoy all your new books! Have a great weekend, and happy reading.

    Here's my StS post

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your first print ARC! I can't wait to read Unhinged! And I need to read The Pledge series as well.
    Happy reading :)

    My haul

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for getting your first ARC! And Unhinged!! *grabby hands*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice haul Carmen. Congrats on your first Print ARC. Enjoy your new books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace
    Books of Love
    http://gracebooksoflove.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great haul! Congratulations on your first print ARC! I've just started Splintered so that I can get to my ARC of Unhinged, I'm really enjoying Splintered so far. I hope you enjoy all your books :) My STS.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There's going to be another Assassin's Curse world duology :D I'm so excited for them!! I hope you love The Pirate's Wish!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Unhinged looks really great! And so does The Pirate's Wish.....Happy Reading! If you'd like, you can stop by my STS

    ReplyDelete
  8. The only one I have read is The Pirate's Wish. Like you, I am sad that the story is over. I read Splintered and don't know if I am going to read Unhinged. I didn't love Splintered.

    Come see what I got at Ms. Martin Teaches Media and Inside of a Dog. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've been really curious about When We Collide! You'll have to tell me if its worth reading! And Unhinged! I haven't yet read Splintered, but I got it for Christmas so hopefully soon! Happy reading Carmen! Have fun in Belgium!

    ReplyDelete