Tuesday, January 22, 2013

2013 TBR Pile Reading Challenge: January wrap-up


Hey guys :)
I challenged myself to read 21-30 books published in 2012 or earlier this year, and so far it's going well! I've read 7 books that fit into that category, though to my shame I've only reviewed 2 of them so far. I can just breeze through a book but it takes me forever to write a review :/ I must get better at reviewing them right away!
Head over to Evie from Bookish for the offical wrap-up post and a giveaway!


What I've read so far:
  • Divergent & Insurgent by Veronica Roth. I really want to review them because they are sooooo amazing!
  • Falling to Ash, by Karen Mahoney. Also awesome. Must review!
  • The Replacement, by Brenna Yovanoff. This one has a firm place among my favorite novels ever now. I put tons of sticky notes into the best parts, and I just can't express how much I loved it.
  • Rule, by Jay Crownover. Just finished it today and it was a really pleasant surprise! I want to review that one too.

What I did review:

So yeah basically I can already see that I'll probably read more like 50 books published in 2012 or earlier by the end of the year... but we'll see how it goes, and how I'll be tempted by all those new releases ;)

Are you participating in the challenge? How is it going for you so far?

2 comments:

  1. I have a hard time writing my reviews as soon as I'm finished with a book, too. It was one of my resolutions, and so far this year, I've done better. I still have some to catch up on from last year, though. Good luck with this challenge! I probably should have signed up for it, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also wanted to do better with the review writing but so far it's an epic fail... I write them in my head all the time, even when I'm still reading, but then I just never open that wordfile and start typing >.< It's a shame really because I've read so many 5-star books lately and they all go unreviewed...
      I'm not sure but I think you could still sign up if you wanted to?

      Delete