Saturday, January 12, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: the Finally! Edition

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to show off all the pretty book goodies we got over the past week. You can include print as well as ebooks, gifted, won, borrowed, bought, whatever...


For review from NetGalley:

Dare you To, by Katie McGarry

I've been excited about this ever since I read the excerpt at the back of my Pushing the Limits ARC! So happy I got approved ^^


Won:

Frost Fire, by Olivia Rivers
My Favorite Mistake, by Chelsea M. Cameron

Thanks to Anatea @ Anatea's Bookshelf and Brenda @ Crazy Four Books!


Books I'd ordered that FINALLY  arrived:


Falling To Ash, by Karen Mahoney
Splintered, by A.G. Howard
The Replacement, by Brenna Yovanoff

I've already read & loved Falling To Ash and just got started on Splintered. I've wanted that book for sooo long, and then it took an eternity to ship. But I finally have it :D I'm also excited about The Replacement. It was on sale on TBD for only a little over 3 euros, so I couldn't resist. It's my first Brenna Yovanoff book. The photo doesn't really do the beauty of all the covers justice by the way, and I'm sorry the pretty face of the guy on The Replacement got eclipsed by my flash...


Free or cheap kindle books:



MILA 2.0 Origins: The Fire, by Debra Driza
The Devil's Metal, by Karina Halle
All Over You, by Emily Snow
Wander Dust, by Michelle Warren

I breezed through All Over You, the prequel novella for Devoured, in a single setting. The other ones were freebies or books I read reviews for and then bought on a whim. I'm particularly curious about The Devil's Metal, a story about a rock band and some paranormal stuff happening and a music journalist - all of that in the 1970s!


I have too many books >.< I am putting myself on another ban. I have still books I've already ordered that are still to arrive, and lately I've been buying way too many ebooks. Hard as it is: no more books for now!!!
What do you think of my haul? And what did you get this week? Also, I have 2 international giveaways going on at the moment, click the banners in my left sidebar to enter :)

17 comments:

  1. SPLINTERED! I'm going to order that book at the end of this month and I can't wait to get it in my hands. So pretty and it sounds very good. Happy reading :D!

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Dare You To! I really love it! I finished it really quickly after receiving it this week!
    I really want to read Splintered so I'm extremely jealous! Happy reading! :)
    New follower via GFC :)

    My STS: http://readwritesleepeat.blogspot.co.uk/2013/01/stacking-shelves-7.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Dare You To as well...and just picked up the prequel for Mila 2.0 (thanks for the heads up!!) Great haul this week!!

    My STS

    Bree
    Coffee Bean Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can't wait to get our copy of Splintered. Happy reading! :)

    Stacking the Shelves #12

    ReplyDelete
  5. So lucky to get approved for Dare to You. I'm hoping that they will have it available soon for us US Bloggers. Nice haul.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am drooling all over Dare You To right now. LOL, I'm kidding, kind of. My copy of Splintered finally arrived this week too & I can't wait to start it! :D
    Happy reading Carmen!

    My STS

    ReplyDelete
  7. So jealous you got Dare You Too and Splintered! Those are definitely on my TBR list! I hope you enjoy all you got :)

    Here's my STS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was lucky enough to win Splintered a little while back, it's got some amazing world-building. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh, I have been seeing Dare You To a lot today. I can't wait to read Beth's Story, but I don't know if I will like it more than Pushing the Limits.

    Enjoy all your goodies. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still need to read Pushing the Limits and I also want to read The Replacement :) Awesome haul!

    Janina
    My Haul!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I also got Dare you to! Sooooo excited!
    Enjoy :)

    Old email follower (sugar_and_snark AT yahoo .com)

    Sugar & Snark

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think I really need to check out Pushing the Limits...lol. Frost Fire looks great too and I definitely want to check out Splintered too (ps- I don't think I'll ever get sick of that cover ♥) Oh and I love your cheap kindle finds: MILA 2.0 Origins looks awesome and so do The Devil's Metal & Wander Dust!! Congrats on ALL your pretties :D Happy Reading *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  13. So many great books!! Happy reading! Also, I nominated you for a lovely blog award but you don't have to post anything about it if you don't want.

    http://megzmaddreadz.blogspot.com/2013/01/a-blog-award-nomination-so-sweet.html

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous books this week. I just got Splintered and I can't wait to read it. Happy reading!

    Here’s my Stacking The Shelves!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have Splintered and after reading so many great reviews of it, it just keeps inching its way to the top of my TBR. :) I wish I could drop everything and read Dare You To right now! :) Hope you enjoy all of your new reads!

    ReplyDelete