Sunday, January 20, 2013

"Know Me Better"-meme: let's give this a try...

Hey guys! I've been thinking about making a post about who I am / what I do apart from blogging for a while, but I've always been reluctant because... I don't know, what if no one cares? What if I make a post saying 'ask me questions and I'll pick some to answer' and I get zero comments... it'd be embarrassing. Also, I want the focus of this blog to be books and not me.

On the other hand, I feel like I haven't connected to the rest of the community to the extent that I'd like to, and maybe sharing a little might help with that and start a conversation.

So I've decided to occasionally take part in the new meme Kathy from I Am A Reader Not A Writer created where bloggers can answer 5 questions she usually asks in her author interviews.

Today's questions are:

10 words that describe yourself?
Favorite TV Shows?
If you could take over the world, would you?
Who was the first boy you kissed?
How do you unwind?


10 words that describe yourself?
Hm... I guess I'm made of contradictions, so: book-crazy, sarcastic, kind, fearful, non-judgemental, lazy, busy, loyal, distant, brainy. Not sure this really captures the core of my personality but yeah...

Favorite TV Shows?
This changes a bit depending what's on, but: Vampire Diaries, True Blood, Game of Thrones, Supernatural (only seen the first two seasons so far), Criminal Minds, Bones (seen up to season 5)... I think I'm forgetting some. I've been meaning to get into Carnivale, Revenge, American Horror Story, Downtown Abby, but there's no time.
There was also a time when I watched lots of anime. I really like Vampire Knight, Kuroshitsuji, Death Note, Bleach (not the fillers), 07 Ghost, the Hellsing OVAs, Wolf's Rain, and probably lots more that slip my mind right now. When I was a kid I was a huge Pokémon fan, but then they started making too many...
If you have suggestions for what I could watch to get into anime again, bring them on ;)

If you could take over the world, would you?
Haha, no way XD I have no interest in ordering others around, I'm lazy and disorganized, I don't like being the one in power (I'm not a mindless follower either. I'd be the right hand woman or something). I also don't want to spend my life expecting to be stabbed in the back. Nor do I think I know what's right for other people/the world. To each their own.

Who was the first boy you kissed?
My first boyfriend, about a week after I turned 17. He lived 2.5 hours away and I was spending some days with him at his family's house over the winter holidays because usually we could only see each other every second weekend. I think it was even on the eve of Valentine's Day! We'd just finished watching The Crow, the credits were rolling, and it was really late and we were lying on his bed staring at the screen. I was so nervous I didn't really get to enjoy it all that much and it was sort of... less... than I had hoped.

How do you unwind?
I'm a very boring person. I don't really go out much, also because I can never do it on Fridays because I have to get up at 7 a.m. Saturday morning to go to work (I tutor groups of kids on Saturdays for an organization, and I have a different job in addition to my English Lit studies during the week).
So I basically just read a lot, hang around on the internet, maybe watch TV (rare), go for coffee with my writing, a book, or a friend, sometimes visit my family, listen to music and go to concerts (I love metalcore and... you know... other genres where bands scream at you, you get awesome guitar solos, and people mosh instead of girly-scream at the lead singer).


This all came out a little more rambly than I had thought ^^'' Dunno what you guys think of it, but feel free to tell me. Is this what you expected of me, or were there some surprises? Anything we have in common? Also, if you made a post for this meme feel free to leave a link :)

8 comments:

  1. Thanks for participating. I hear you on the nerves and not really enjoying it. My first "real" kiss was similar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Revenge is such a great show...I love it. And yay, Supernatural and Vampire Knight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I've never heard of most of those shows!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess we don't watch the same shows. I don't think I've watched "real" anime either. I don't really know much about it but I don't think anime is every Japanese cartoon. I've seen one (don't know if it qualifies, I don't think is like others I've heard about) it was called Uninhabited planet Survive, I really liked it though.

    Rivie @ Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the words you chose to describe yourself...I think we'd share quite a few of them :) I'm planing on getting into The Vampire Diaries very soon - can't wait! As far as anime, have you ever heard of Avatar; The Last Airbender? >.< Thanks for sharing this girl, it's a cool feature!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like that we seem to have so much in common :) Oh, Vampire Diaries is awesome! Well, the first couple episodes are a bit emo/angsty but it gets a LOT better!! And well, there's Damon :P
      Yup I know of Avatar! My sister used to watch it quite a lot, in was on TV here in Switzerland. I never really had time though, but I might go back to it at some point because I really liked the premise :)

      Delete
  6. Oh, I love getting to know you! This seems fun, but I have a hard time sharing...I'm trying to be less of an introvert. Blogging helps...bits of me seep out every now and then. :) Love how you describe yourself and I watch a lot of the same shows, when I actually get around to watching everything I've DVR'd. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm also rather introverted and in real life I have problems approaching people. For instance, I never call anybody. Not even my paretns or sister or closest friends. I have no rational explanation for this. I have no problem when strangers start talking to me first though. I don't really mind sharing and probably tend to say too much then...
      Here it's just that I think most people are here because of books and not because of me so I felt a bit reluctant because I wasn't sure anyone would actually care / want to know.
      Awesome that we like some of the same shows! And I'm terrible with watching stuff too. I have tons of DVDs that have gone unwatched for over a year since I bought them...

      Delete