This week is all about bookish goals for 2013, and personally I'm also taking bloggish goals into account.
- Refrain from requesting too many review books. I still have so many Netgalley books on my kindle that I need to read&review, and I will now do that before requesting any new ones. After that, I want to catch up on non-review books, especially ebooks.
- Read a bit more widely again. This year was extremely focused on YA, even though I also got into contemporary after reading nearly only fantasy/paranormal for many many years. In the coming year, I want to read some more adult books again, as well as some more Classic authors I've been meaning to get to for a while.
- Finally read all those New Adult titles on my kindle!!
- Catch up on serieses. The TBR reading challenge I'm participating in should take care of that, I've also been contemplating joining the sequels challenge hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads.
- Re-read! I love re-reading, and there are so many books on my shelves, especially ones I read in my teens, that I've been itching to re-read. But with all the new books I buy all the time, I just never get around to it. I want to change that.
- Write more reviews, and write them right after finishing the book when it's still fresh on my mind. I'm a quick reader (108 books last year) but I don't review even half of what I read. Like, I'm all pumped for writing that review, but then I'm somehow scared to start or something or the moment is inconvenient and then it just never happens...
- Read more steampunk and dystopian.
- Write more. I don't know if that is necessarily a bookish goal, but there you have it.
- Try to, depite everything, not stress too much about things (haha...). But seriously. This should be fun! I love reading. Once it seems more like a chore, something's wrong. Maybe that's why I'm bad at actually writing those reviews sometimes.
- Interacting more with my fellow bloggers, and reaching out to authors and publishers. I've been at this for half a year now, but I feel like I could be more part of the community. I want to get more original posts on this blog rather than just memes and reviews. I'm just always unsure about whether people actually want to read about the stuff I have ideas for! Or I have an awesome idea and then find out that somebody else is already doing it so my post would be redundant...
What do you think of my goals? Do we have some in common? Do you have any tips/suggestions for me? Oh, and please leave links to your posts, I'm curious about other people's goals! Maybe I can add to my list :)