Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Bookish Goals for 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week, they will post a topic on their blog that the participants draw up their on top ten list for.


This week is all about bookish goals for 2013, and personally I'm also taking bloggish goals into account.


  1. Refrain from requesting too many review books. I still have so many Netgalley books on my kindle that I need to read&review, and I will now do that before requesting any new ones. After that, I want to catch up on non-review books, especially ebooks.

  2. Read a bit more widely again. This year was extremely focused on YA, even though I also got into contemporary after reading nearly only fantasy/paranormal for many many years. In the coming year, I want to read some more adult books again, as well as some more Classic authors I've been meaning to get to for a while.

  3. Finally read all those New Adult titles on my kindle!!

  4. Catch up on serieses. The TBR reading challenge I'm participating in should take care of that, I've also been contemplating joining the sequels challenge hosted by Auntie Spinelli Reads.

  5. Re-read! I love re-reading, and there are so many books on my shelves, especially ones I read in my teens, that I've been itching to re-read. But with all the new books I buy all the time, I just never get around to it. I want to change that.

  6. Write more reviews, and write them right after finishing the book when it's still fresh on my mind. I'm a quick reader (108 books last year) but I don't review even half of what I read. Like, I'm all pumped for writing that review, but then I'm somehow scared to start or something or the moment is inconvenient and then it just never happens...

  7. Read more steampunk and dystopian.

  8. Write more. I don't know if that is necessarily a bookish goal, but there you have it.

  9. Try to, depite everything, not stress too much about things (haha...). But seriously. This should be fun! I love reading. Once it seems more like a chore, something's wrong. Maybe that's why I'm bad at actually writing those reviews sometimes.

  10. Interacting more with my fellow bloggers, and reaching out to authors and publishers. I've been at this for half a year now, but I feel like I could be more part of the community. I want to get more original posts on this blog rather than just memes and reviews. I'm just always unsure about whether people actually want to read about the stuff I have ideas for! Or I have an awesome idea and then find out that somebody else is already doing it so my post would be redundant...

What do you think of my goals? Do we have some in common? Do you have any tips/suggestions for me? Oh, and please leave links to your posts, I'm curious about other people's goals! Maybe I can add to my list :)

10 comments:

  1. Loving these goals & the inspiration. I can really relate to finishing the series I started - I have so many of those and would love to make a dent in them this year.

    Tanya Patrice
    Girlxoxo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems okay, somehow, to have lots and lots of e-books awaiting reading-and-reviewing as opposed to having lots and lots of real books awaiting this. I hesitate to accept e-books and maybe it is for that reason.

    Here’s my Top Ten Bloggish Bookish Goals for 2013. I hope you will stop by! And Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great goals, Carmen! I need to stop requesting books for review, too, until I get caught up. But it's soooo hard! I wish you all the best in your blogging and bookish goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh yes, I see a lot of things I also plan to do :) Read all the Netgalley copies before I request new ones. Re-read, catch up on series, try to read more other things. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Write more is always a good goal. Sounds like you'll have a great year in bokos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are achievable goals, I like the re-reading one. I never let myself reread books and there are some I've loved that I should definitely revisit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All such great & more importantly - achievable goals! 2012 was the first year I didn't re-read any books or series. I definitely want to write more in '13 too! Oh and control my requesting of Galleys and such is another one o.O and so is just reading more & chilling out about blogging! Good luck with all your goals Carmen ♥

    ReplyDelete
  8. Agree on most of yours! Great goals! I'm gonna write up mine tonight. Reading should be for you above all, just remember that ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1 and 4 are seriously hard! I just can't helpmyself to request and request books form NetGalley that I find intersting. Also, my TBR Pile keeps growing and growing, and I certainly dont have that muchtime to read all of them. Anyway, good luck on your goals!:D

    My Goals for 2013

    ReplyDelete
  10. Steampunk!! Hooray! I read my first steampunk book last year and fell in love. What an awesome genre.

    My TTT: http://shelversanon.blogspot.com/2013/01/top-10-tuesday-bookish-goals-for-2013.html

    ReplyDelete