Saturday, January 26, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: I'm on a book diet

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to show off all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, borrowed, for review, print, digital... doesn't matter as long as it's a book and you can read it :)


After the rather big hauls in the last weeks, I needed to slow down a bit. I stayed away from kindle freebies. I didn't order any books online (I'll have to get in some TBD preorders soon though). It's like a diet, and it sucks. It lets me catch up with actually reading what I buy though ^^


I got two kindle books though:

Rule, by Jay Crownover
Fallen Too Far, by Abbi Glines

I had downloaded the sample for Rule, and after reading through it on Sunday I just couldn't help myself - I HAD to know how the story continues! So I bought the book and I'm sooo glad that I did because it was awesome! I hope I'll get around to reviewing it soon.
Fallen Too Far was only 1.99$ yesterday and after all those reviews I just thought "screw it, I'll buy it sooner or later anyway". I really liked The Vincent Boys and I hope this one will be equally awesome :)


Friday Night Edit: Okay fine. I said no more books.

BUT!!

Then I saw this post by Lisa from Paranormal & Urban Fantasy Reviews, and I just had to grab this book because it's only 99c and I've wanted to read it for a long time:


Pretty When She Dies, by Rhiannon Frater

Have you read any of the books? And what did you get in the past week?

9 comments:

  1. Haha!! Sorry for adding to your pile--->NOT! Your going to love it! Enjoy, and thanks for the shout-out.

    OH, and I've seen Rule on Amazon and have been wanting to buy it, but haven't yet, because I've been waiting on some reviews from people I trust, so I'll watch for yours! :D

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have Fallen Too Far but not read it yet, it's sound good though. Enjoy both books :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty When She Dies has an amazing cover - I've picked up 2 of her books, but haven't had a chance to read them yet.

    Here's what I've added to My Shelves.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh I got Fallen Too Far like last week! I hope we both like it. :)

    My Stacking the Shelves

    ReplyDelete
  5. I reallly want to read Fallen too far. Hope you enjoy it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome haul of books. The Abbi Glines books always seem to have mixed reviews. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bought Rule as well, but I've been holding out in reading it. I mean it looks good and it's really high up on the Amazon best selling list, but I just don't like the cover... :P

    ReplyDelete
  8. I enjoyed Fallen Too Far, but it was definitely steamy. More adult less young adult. But overall it was enjoyable. Rules looks intriguing as well. Great haul. My review of Fallen Too Far is here if you'd like to check it out.

    Here's mine

    ~Danica Page@Taking it One Page at a Time

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm going to go check out Rule as soon as I'm done leaving this comment. I kept buying ....one more book...this week too :-)

    http://www.fwiwreviews.net/2013/01/stacking-shelves.html

    ReplyDelete