Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Belladonna, by Fiona Paul

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly feature hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine to showcase upcoming releases that we can't wait to get our grabby book lover fingers on.


In this week's pick, the cover fairy strikes again:

Release date: July 16, 2013
Publisher: Philomel/Penguin
Format: Hardcover,  352 pages

Goodreads description:
In Renaissance Italy, love, lust, intrigue and secret societies converge to stunning results!

In the second in the stunning Secrets of the Eternal Rose series, Cassandra Caravello is trying to forget Falco, the wild artist who ran off with her heart, as she grows closer to her strong, steady fiancĂ©, Luca. But Luca seems to have his own secrets. When he’s arrested by soldiers in the middle of the night, Cass’s life is once again thrown into chaos. She must save Luca, and that means finding the Book of the Eternal Rose—the only evidence that will prove he’s innocent.

So begins her journey to Florence, a city haunted by whispers of vampirism, secret soirees and clandestine meetings of the Order of the Eternal Rose. And home to Falco, who is working for the Order’s eerily stunning leader, the Belladonna herself.

Can Cass trust her heart to lead her to the truth this time?
Nothing is as it seems in this seductive thriller, where the truth may be the deadliest poison of all.


I cannot wait for this book! Cannot!!! There was this thing a couple weeks ago where you could read the beginning and that made the wait even harder... I'm so curious about The Book of the Eternal Rose fianlly showing up, after all these quotes that were in Venom! And I just knew Luca wasn't all that. Doesn't mean I trust Falco any more. And it takes place in Florence! I was there a few years ago an fell in love with the city. I hope this shows up on NetGalley... I was too late when I requested it on Edelweiss *sigh*
Have you read Venom and are also tortured by the wait? What did you pick this week?

12 comments:

  1. Wowza! Excited to hear about this book...thanks for featuring! Nice blog I'm a *new follower* via GFC. Feel free to check me out at www.ReadingYA.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read Venom before this one is out. Great pick.

    Jenea @ Books Live Forever's WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, such a gorgeous cover - I'm in love with it - it's beautiful. ^.^ The book looks great, too! Thanks for sharing. :D

    -----
    Tiffa @ The British Book Nerd
    My Waiting On Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG yes! This is a great pick! I seriously loved Venom and I just NEED NEED NEED this book!

    My WoW

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. This one sounds even more exciting than Venom! :) I actually don't think Penguin grants access to bloggers on Edelweiss, but I keep trying. :P Great pick! Here's my WoW this week! Happy Wednesday! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm yet to read Venom, but aren't these covers pretty? I'm glad you enjoyed Venom and I'll hopefully read it soon :) Greta pick and thanks for stopping by :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gosh, I hate torturing myself into reading preview chapters of books, cuz then it has me DYING to read them even more. Great pick, and I still need to read Venom....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this cover.
    Hope you get to read it soon!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just read Venom a few weeks ago, and am now anxiously awaiting Belladonna as well! Great pick this week! The covers for these are just awesome!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why have I not read Venom yet??? I've heard it's amazing and you must have loved it if you can't wait for the sequel! :D Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I absolutely love Italy and books set there and this just sounds like a really exciting read! And the cover is great! Thanks for stopping by!
    Juli @ Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sweetness that's a gorgeous cover o_O Wow, I didn't think they'd make a prettier one than Venom but they did ♥ I need to catch up with book 1 so I can wait on this one too hehe! Thanks for sharing chick!

    ReplyDelete