Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Teaser Tuesday: Splintered, by A.G. Howard

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following: • Grab your current read
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)
• Share the title & author, too, so that other TT participants can add the book to their TBR Lists if they like your teasers!


After doing quite a few Top Ten Tuesdays, I've decided to mix things up a little and tease you guys again ;) I've just finished Splintered by A.G. Howard and it was amazing! One of my most anticipated releases of the year, and a great way to start reading them :) Since I haven't decided on my next read yet, I'll pick this book to tease you with...


Please meet Jeb:
" 'You know, you really should go to prom. Show up just like this and knock everyone on their asses. I guarantee you'll still have your dignity.' He studies my face with an expression I've only seen when he paints. Intense. Absorbed. As if he's considering the painting from every angle. Me from every angle. He's so close, I smell the raspberry on his hot breath. His gaze shifts to the dimple in my chin and my cheeks flame." - Paperback, page 27

And here's a snippet about Morpheus:
"Morpheus is not his true name. He is glory and deprecation - sunlight and shadows - the scuttle of scorpion and the melody of a nightingale. The breath of the sea and the cannonade of a storm. Can you relay birdsong, or the sound of wind, or the scurry of a creature across the sand? For the proper names of netherlings are made up of the life forces defining them. Can you speak these things with your tongue?" - Paperback, page 288


About the book:
This stunning debut captures the grotesque madness of a mystical under-land, as well as a girl’s pangs of first love and independence. Alyssa Gardner hears the whispers of bugs and flowers—precisely the affliction that landed her mother in a mental hospital years before. This family curse stretches back to her ancestor Alice Liddell, the real-life inspiration for Lewis Carroll’s Alice’s Adventures in Wonderland. Alyssa might be crazy, but she manages to keep it together. For now.
When her mother’s mental health takes a turn for the worse, Alyssa learns that what she thought was fiction is based in terrifying reality. The real Wonderland is a place far darker and more twisted than Lewis Carroll ever let on. There, Alyssa must pass a series of tests, including draining an ocean of Alice’s tears, waking the slumbering tea party, and subduing a vicious bandersnatch, to fix Alice’s mistakes and save her family. She must also decide whom to trust: Jeb, her gorgeous best friend and secret crush, or the sexy but suspicious Morpheus, her guide through Wonderland, who may have dark motives of his own.



What do you guys think of my teasers? Do they make you want to read the book? And what did you pick to tease the rest of us with this week?

8 comments:

  1. Good teaser! I think she should go to prom too!

    My Teaser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah...I have this on my Kindle and want to read it so very bad, I cannot wait to finish all my obligated books and read this one! I love the description of Morpheus, it pulls your right in!

    Thanks for stopping by Better Read Than Dead

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOSH!!!! I love this book! It quickly became a favorite and I just adore Morpheus! He is my fave! Lovely teasers!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahhh you love to tease me!! :D I can't wait to read this book even more after you said it was great! :) Great teasers :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa, those teasers are perfection! I am really trying to get to this book soon...I keep hearing how awesome it is, and your teasers are proof of that! Thanks for sharing and stopping by my teaser! Happy Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was unsure about this book but some good reviews are rolling in and your teasers are awesome.

    Thanks for stopping by my TT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are great! I think I'd like to meet Jeb! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my post!

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds great.

    Valerie
    StuckInBooks.com

    ReplyDelete