Saturday, May 25, 2013

Stacking the Shelves: jobs, ecstatic dances, and the sweet peril of unbecoming

Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme hosted by Tynga's Reviews to showcase all the books we got in the past week. Those can be bought, won, gifted, for review, borrowed, print or ebooks... no matter, just share what you got :)


Blogging update
Hey guys! I'm sorry the blog was rather quiet this past week :/ I had a family thing over last weekend, had a doc's appointment on Tuesday that informed me I can no longer eat anything with wheat or aspartame (meaning no more 2liters of coke zero a day) and have been trying to adjust, and I started a new job on Wednesday. I was real tired and on edge, and I have a test next week that I'll have little time to study for because of work. So it might or might not be quiet again. After that I'm on semester break till September though :)

Anyhow, this past week was awesome for me in the book department! I'm especially happy about the first book I can show you!


For review / tour:

Dance of the Red Death, by Beathany Griffin
Debt Collector Vol. 1-3, by Susan Kaye Quinn

I am soooo thrilled to be on the Dance of the Red Death tour!!! I loved the first book sooo much :D
I'm also happy I got approved for the Debt Collector volume collection. I reviewed vol. 1 here and I can't wait to see how the story continues!


Bought in Print:

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer, by Michelle Hodkins
Flesh and Blood, by Kristen Painter
Afterlight, by Elle Jasper
Sweet Peril, by Wendy Higgins

Mara Dyer isn't on the picture because I read it on Monday (yes, in day) and I loved it soooo much! Both Noah and Mara are amazing characters and the sequel should arrive on my doorstep on Monday hopefully :) I'm also excited to finally have Sweet Peril in my hands!! More Kai&Anna <3 Also, I fell in love with the world of Kristen Painter's first book and I'm so glad there's more of the series already out! I'm curious about Afterlight, too. Haven't read any good adult UF in a while!


Ebooks:

A Job from Hell, by Jayde Scott
UnEnchanted, by Chanda Hahn

I think I read an excerpt of this one a while back but then it got buried in the depths of the kindle... I remembered it though so when it was free (I think. Either that or 99c) I had to have it :)
UnEnchanted is free too at the moment!

That's it! What do you guys think? Are you excited about any of the books or can you advise me what to keep near the top of my pile? Also, I'd love to see what you got this week so leave me a link to your post :)

10 comments:

  1. I have heard mixied things about B. Griffin's first book, but I'm glad you enjoyed it! I also love Mara's story and even though the first book in Michelle Hodkin's trilogy wasn't exactly my cup of tea in every aspect, I absolutely adored and loved the second one. Which was so creepy btw. And I didn't exatly wrap my mind around everything and still haven't. I want the third book asap. And yay for Sweet Peril :-) What an awesome pile of books you've got! I hope you have a lovely weekend, Carmen!

    Siiri @ Little Pieces of Imagination

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice haul. I heard very good things about some of those books. Come visit me as well.

    Grace

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got UnEnchanted as freebie a little while back but not had the chance to read it yet. I hope you enjoy all your books.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohh, awesome books! :D
    You'll definitely love The Evolution of Mara Dyer, it's A LOT better than the first book in my opinion.
    And grats on being on tour, I've never joined a tour before and it's about time I do. o:
    Enjoy all your books Carmen & thanks for stopping by my STS! (:

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, it sounds like you've had tons going on lately. I hope you can adjust quickly to the new diet. And now I'm going to run over and check out Unenchanted.

    Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You got great books :). I really want to read Sweet Peril :D! I still need to read The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer and Masque of the Red Death.

    Here's Mine:
    http://kassiesthoughts30.blogspot.com/2013/05/stacking-shelves-2.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. A Job - From Hell looks awesome. What a gorgeous cover. Heard many awesome things about Dance of the Red Death as well. Enjoy your reads!

    My Mailbox.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're on the Dance of the Red Death tour together? Awesome!!!! :) Also, the Mara Dyer books are some of my favorites. I just love when I can't predict what's going to happen next! :D Oh, and SWEET EVIL! That's some serious Kaiden yumminess right there...ENJOY!!! :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cool haul. A job from Hell looks interesting. Enjoy!
    Here are my newest additions from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sweet haul, the cover for Dance of the Red Death is SO pretty, it almost makes me want to check it out :) I definitely need to get into the Mara Dyer books & the Sweet series!! Debt Collector, UnEnchanted & A Job from Hell all have me super intrigued, can't wait to read your thoughts!! Congrats on these hun & enjoy ♥

    ReplyDelete