Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Grave Winner, by Lindsey R. Loucks

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited about.


This week's pick:

Relase date: May 15, 2013
Publisher: Crescent Moon Press
Format: no info

Goodreads description:
Leigh Baxton is terrified her mom will come back from the dead -- just like the prom queen did.

While the town goes beehive over the news, Leigh bikes to the local cemetery and buries some of her mom’s things in her grave to keep her there. When the hot and mysterious caretaker warns her not to give gifts to the dead, Leigh cranks up her punk music and keeps digging.

She should have listened.

Two dead sorceresses evicted the prom queen from her grave to bury someone who offered certain gifts. Bury them alive, that is, then resurrect them to create a trio of undead powerful enough to free the darkest sorceress ever from her prison inside the earth.

With help from the caretaker and the dead prom queen, Leigh must find out what’s so special about the gifts she gave, and why the sorceresses are stalking her and her little sister. If she doesn’t, she’ll either lose another loved one or have to give the ultimate gift to the dead – herself.


I'll be honest, I was first attracted to this by pure cover love. It showed up in my blog feed and I clicked and read a positive review of it - I can't remember on whose blog, unfortunately :(  Anyhow, a heroine with great music taste and fashion sense is always a win in my book. Plus the cemeteries, undead prom queens, and mysterious graveyard-caretakers? Count me in! Should be a dark, creepy, and hopefully also fun read!
What do you think of my pick? And what book are you excited about this Wednesday?

11 comments:

  1. I've not heard of this before, but it's right up my alley! I love the sounds of it :)

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this book before but wow that cover. It's looks so creepy and awesome at the same time. I must check this one out!! Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on the cover love, and on the dark and creepy part. It also sounds interesting, but I'm not so sure this is really my kinda thing. I'll keep an eye open for reviews, though. Promise ;) My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhh yes this sounds good and that cover is so pretty!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hadn't heard of this one, it looks awesome! Love the cover too :)

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. "Hot and mysterious caretaker"...whaaat?!? I'm in. Also because of that cover. :) And it sounds soooo different. Love that. Great pick, Carmen!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds good! People coming back from the dead and no giving gifts to the dead?! New to me but the cover is awesome. Thanks for stopping by!

    Jennifer @ Some Like It Paranormal

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah..my inner cover whore jumped when it saw the cover but the synopsis sounds good too! thanks for stopping by My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa, this is definitely going on my tbr list!! Such an interesting and new story concept--and that cover is just gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It does look like an interesting book, definitely something in my genre!! Nice choice, and it's nearly here!!

    Thanx for visiting my WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah this sounds brilliant - dark but like it could be a total blast too :D Thanks for bringing it to my attention hun!!

    ReplyDelete