Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Untold, by Sarah Rees Brennan

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited about.


This week's pick:

Release date: September 24, 2013
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Format: Hardcover, 384 pages

Goodreads description:
Free from bonds, but not each other

It’s time to choose sides… On the surface, Sorry-in-the-Vale is a sleepy English town. But Kami Glass knows the truth. Sorry-in-the-Vale is full of magic. In the old days, the Lynburn family ruled with fear, terrifying the people into submission in order to kill for blood and power. Now the Lynburns are back, and Rob Lynburn is gathering sorcerers so that the town can return to the old ways.

But Rob and his followers aren’t the only sorcerers in town. A decision must be made: pay the blood sacrifice, or fight. For Kami, this means more than just choosing between good and evil. With her link to Jared Lynburn severed, she’s now free to love anyone she chooses. But who should that be?



My sister just finished my copy of Unspoken, so the series is more present in my mind again. She also reminded me of the TERRIBLE cliff hanger and is now all sulky about having to wait until September, nevermind that I've been waiting for half a year longer :P But yeah, I'm extremely curious about what's going to happen because pretty much anything could at this point.
On a side-note: I'm not happy about the cover change. I really hope they will make a new cover for the US edition that will match the old Unsopken cover with the silhouettes!
Are you also excited for Untold? And what did you pick this Wednesday?

8 comments:

  1. I've heard great things of Unspoken and I've been meaning to check it out :) It looks pretty good! Great pick!

    Janina
    My WW!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still need to read Unspoken but I really want to and I've heard fantastic things about it and author SRB! I hope you get to read this one soon AND that the covers will all match - hate when switches like that happen >.< Awesome pick, thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WoW pick this week!

    Micheline @ Lunar Rainbows

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved Unspoken...it might have been my favorite book last year. How funny that your sis is sulking when we've been waiting AGES for Untold. Also, I am not at all happy with the cover change. I loved reading how they made the cover for the first book and was really looking forward to a similar cover for this sequel. :(

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha....don't you HATE when you have to wait for the next book?
    Been there!
    My WoW!
    http://mytime2read.blogspot.com/2013/05/waiting-on-wednesday-may-22.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the first time I'm hearing about this series. It sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing!

    Here's my WOW

    http://slayingbooks.com/waiting-on-wednesday-5-22-13/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well now you have me intrigued! That waiting for the next book to come out thing is the pits though!

    Come on by SnifferWalk Books and see what I have up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't heard of this series before but I think I'll be adding it to my wishlist. See what I'm waiting on here.

    Tasha @ A Trillian Books xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven't read the first book, but have heard great things. I don't like the new covers either. The original design was so much better. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete