Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Book Covers Of Books I've Read

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Every week the participants post their top ten to a specific topic.

So this week is about favorite covers of books we've read... and it's soooo hard to choose!!! So much pretty! I'm sure I will forget something totally obvious and want to bash my head into the wall because of it. Ahem. Anyway, here goes in no particular order...




I imagine Varen to look just like that. I love that the models wear clothes the characters wear in the book. And I love all the writing on the image - it hints at Varen's mysterious notebooks.
As for Fragile Eternity, the butterfly looks just that - fragile. Frozen. I also adore the font! And it was one of my favorite books in the seris :)


Black City was a book I wanted to read for a whole year before it came out. The wait was agonizing. I love that shatteredrose, the font, the colors, the city in the backdrop. It's perfect.
Throne of Glass - so badass! The clothes. The hair. The daggers!! The colors and font. The UK cover is just so much better than the US one.


Masque's cover is even more beautiful in person because the paper has a shimmer to it that isn't visible on the screen. The colors, dress, and parasol fit perfectly. I love it!
Dearly, Departed is another parasol cover I love. The colors are perfect and again, it fits the actual content. I also adore the font!


Splintered's cover is just so vibrant!!! The colors are even deeper when you see them for real, and I love how there are so many details you only start to notice as you read the actual story.
With Chantress, the combination of the colors, her hood, the font, the tag line, and the thing she's holding in her hand intrigued me.


I have very mixed feelings about hte Fallen series, but I love the covers. Torment is my favorite. It looks eternally cold and mournful and you can just see the inner turmoil of the girl. It's stunning in its simplicity.
Something Strange and Deadly is another one you have to see in person because it shimmers so prettily! The model looks really close to how I imagined Eleanor and I think the detail of the cogs and wheels in the background is awesome.

Nevermore, by Kelly Creagh
Fragile Eternity, by Melissa Marr
Black City, by Elizabeth Richards
Throne of Glass, by Sarah J. Maas
Masque of the Red Death, by Beathany Griffin
Dearly, Departed, by Lia Habel
Splintered, by A.G. Howard
Chantress, by Amy Butler Greenfield
Torment, by Lauren Kate
Something Strange and Deadly, by Susan Dennard

This was really hard! I thought there would be less pretty dress covers and more graphically interesting ones but those are mostly covers from the TBR pile. Also, it's hard to separate my feelings of the story from those of the cover. There were many books I love whose books are pretty but just not quite awesome enough to make the list.
Anyhow, here are some runner-ups from other books I've already read:



Wither, by Lauren Destefano
In the Shadow of Blackbirds, by Cat Winters
The Pledge, by Kimberly Derting

With Wither, it's that the cover fits so perfectly! Also, mostly I chose it because the inner design of the book is so special and gorgeous! In the Shadow of Blackbirds was fantastic and I love that the cover photograph appears in the book, along with other copies of actual photographs from the time period the book is set in. The Pledge is so gorgeous, and what I think is special about it is that the word is juxtaposed on the image again and the texture is different from the rest of the cover. You feel the words when you trace them.


Oof. Alrighty, what do you guys think of my choices? Anything that is glaringly absent? And please leave your links, I can't wait to see what covers you chose and find new things to drool over ;)


13 comments:

  1. The BLACK CITY cover is pretty amazing. I haven't read it yet but it's been on my must have list in part thanks to that cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are ALL beautiful covers! I still need to read Evermore, though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Splintered and The Pledge are both so gorgeous! Great picks all!
    Thanks for stopping by :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just now noticed the ghost in In the Shadows of Blackbirds. *shiver* Creepy.
    I adore the cover for Throne of Glass. So badass! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choices -- you and I both like the dark, mysterious, romantic kinds of covers!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sense a theme here, lol, they're all very dark and lovely. but i agree with all of them, gorgeous cover! i gotta go choose mine now...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yey, such a great list! I love The Black City cover, it makes me keep being tempted to pick up the book! Chantress is on the shelf and waiting for my attention, such a cool cover!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. YES YES YES!
    Fragile Eternity, Dearly Departed, Splintered, and Something Strange and Deadly has such gorgeous covers. -drools-
    Awesome list Carmen & thanks for stopping by my TTT! (:

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay!! I knew someone who read a lot of fantasy and paranormal would have some really great covers on their lists this week!! Yours is the first I've really seen where the covers are all just WOW!! I LOVE them and some of them I've never even seen before! Very cool!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG, I only just realized the cover of Black City is an exploding ROSE - wow, I feel SO lame O.O Anyways... I liked it before but yeah, that's amazing. LOVE the covers for Chantress, Throne of Glass and honestly, all those Wicked Lovely books ♥ Splintered is really stunning too and so is Dearly Departed! I adored the cover for Masque too, especially in person and the way each page looks hand-cut but that book was a pretty major letdown for me so it kind of lost a little of it's appeal hehe, but only slightly :) Honestly though, all your picks are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man, I could have included these in my list too! I love Melissa Marr's covers, and Something Strange and Deadly was a purchase based solely on the cover...luckily, I loved the book too!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    Ems

    ReplyDelete
  12. Whoa! Those are some awesome covers Carmen! I love the UK version of Throne of Glass so much more too, and I really like Masque and Dearly Departed!! GAH! So many books I need to read!!!

    Thanks for stopping by my TTT!

    Jessica@Lovin' Los Libros

    ReplyDelete
  13. I absolutely love the cover of Black City - have yet to read it though...
    And I also love Splintered (as well as Unhinged - so purple!). I hope I'll get around to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete