Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: Delia's Shadow, by Jaime Lee Moyer

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly meme hosted by Jill at Breaking The Spine to spotlight upcoming book releases that we're excited about.


This week's pick:

Release date: September 17, 2013
Publisher: Tor
Format: Hardcover, 336 pages

Goodreads description:
A dark, romantic fantasy set against the backdrop of San Francisco devastated by the Great Quake

It is the dawn of a new century in San Francisco and Delia Martin is a wealthy young woman whose life appears ideal. But a dark secret colors her life, for Delia’s most loyal companions are ghosts, as she has been gifted (or some would say cursed) with an ability to peer across to the other side.

Since the great quake rocked her city in 1906, Delia has been haunted by an avalanche of the dead clamoring for her help. Delia flees to the other side of the continent, hoping to gain some peace. After several years in New York, Delia believes she is free…until one determined specter appears and she realizes that she must return to the City by the Bay in order to put this tortured soul to rest.

It will not be easy, as the ghost is only one of the many victims of a serial killer who was never caught. A killer who after thirty years is killing again.

And who is now aware of Delia’s existence.



I love stories set in San Francisco. I love stories set in the early 20th century. There is a serial killer. And the ghost-seeing thing reminds me a bit of In the Shadow of Blackbirds, set around the same time, which I loved! The cover doesn't hurt, either ;)
Have you seen this one around before? What do you think of it? And of course, what are you impatiently waiting for this Wednesday?

12 comments:

  1. I also love stories set in SF! Not a historical reader but with ghosts and serial killers I am intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's definitively an unusual read. sounds thrilling. I hope you enjoy, I'll kep an eye out for reviews on this. Thanks for sharing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this sounds really interesting. thanks for introducing me to it. Great pick!

    Teresa @ Readers Live A Thousand Lives

    ReplyDelete
  4. This book sounds amazing! This is actually the first that I've heard of it. Thanks for sharing. :)

    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read a serial killer book forever. I'll have to add this to my wish list.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, this does sound fantastic! GHOSTS! And the time period. And that cover! I'm pretty sure this will be awesome. :) Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not into historical novels but this one sounds really good! I haven't seen it before but I can't wait to see the reviews for it. Great pick! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one sounds awesome! It's in the early 20th century? I love books during that time! Not to mention any romance sounds good to me. I'll have to check it out! Great pick :)

    Here's my WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This sounds really interesting. I hadn't heard of it before. Ghosts and serials killers? Sold! I love that cover. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. OMG. A book about serial killers! -immediately adds this to my TBR list-
    (No, I'm not crazy or a serial killer myself. :P)
    Very awesome pick Carmen & thanks for stopping by my WoW! (:

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gah you always have such awesome WoW picks Carmen! Paranormal? Ghosts? Serial Killers? Oh this sounds like the makings of a brilliant story!! Thanks for spotlighting it & sorry I was so slow getting back ♥

    ReplyDelete